Why Why???????

Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:25 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Why???????

Originally Posted by dboy
She said relative poverty - I tried living in the UK on 90 p an hour in 1987 when I came out of the Navy. I barely knew where my next meal was coming from in those days and was too proud to ask for help since my family was disappointed that I'd jacked in the navy.

Definitely not Mogadishu but I think you get the point. And sure felt like poverty to me, having to live in a bed sit in Ardwick and primary sustenance was egg on toast. I had about 20 quid a week to live on after rent and bills.

Thanks Maggie
I thought everyone in the 1980s had loads of money.

Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:34 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I thought everyone in the 1980s had loads of money.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gXuRvthgn...CB7140&index=0
No some had bugger all money
Old Sep 4th 2009, 6:39 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Only if you lived ooop norfff, like man.

All you need to know about politics, is that Mrs. Thatcher done a lot of good for the country but you wouldn't want to . . .
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:17 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan2005
No some had bugger all money
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gP4xuPbZ4Ic
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by iaink
I cant say that Im very impressed that many of you think its OK to take the piss out of someone simply because their post was not in the queens best english.

Their English was a hell of a lot better than any of my foreign language skills, and I would suggest that this rather biggoted picking on someone based on that in my mind reflects on you far more than it does on them.

It would be fair to say that if I posted onto a French language site with a sentence that actually made no sense whatsoever and got the piss taken out of me then I would fairly well expect it.

Come on..... where's your sense of humour gone. I suspect that people are resorting to humour as they have no idea what the OP is on about.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:18 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonhatter
It would be fair to say that if I posted onto a French language site with a sentence that actually made no sense whatsoever and got the piss taken out of me then I would fairly well expect it.

Come on..... where's your sense of humour gone. I suspect that people are resorting to humour as they have no idea what the OP is on about.
French language sites? On the internet?

Shouldn't be allowed that. I mean, whatever next? German???
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I cant say that Im very impressed that many of you think its OK to take the piss out of someone simply because their post was not in the queens best english.

Their English was a hell of a lot better than any of my foreign language skills, and I would suggest that this rather biggoted picking on someone based on that in my mind reflects on you far more than it does on them.
I understood it.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:20 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I understood it.
You did? Could you translate please?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
You did? Could you translate please?
Dear BE...Why do people immigrate from one developed country to another developed country.....Don't you thing if the later think if the latter is a better country to live..in that case we need to have a new name instead of developed country???to distinguish between 'developed' countries?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:52 am
Born again atheist

Dear BE...Why do people immigrate from one developed country to another developed country.....Don't you thing if the later think if the latter is a better country to live..in that case we need to have a new name instead of developed country???to distinguish between 'developed' countries?
Ah! Perfectly clear, but of course, still nonsensical.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:57 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Thats pretty much exactly how I understood it too.

"Dear <insert your name here>...Why (do) people immigrate from one developed country to another developed country.....Don't you thin(k) (that) if (the) latter is (a) better country to live..(then) we need to have a new name instead of developed country (to differentiate between them)???

Its easier than figuring out text speech to be honest.

Funny I have no problem with, but picking on someone simply because English is not their first language is a lot closer to plain old bigotry than funny in my opinion.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 4th 2009 at 9:02 am.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thats pretty much exactly how I understood it too.

Funny I have no problem with, but picking on someone simply because English is not their first language is a lot closer to plain old bigotry than funny in my opinion.
Did you see this one?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...22&postcount=1
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:13 am
Born again atheist

Mon Dieu!

What does that one mean then?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:14 am
Born again atheist

plain old bigotry than funny in my opinion.
At least you got the number of "g"s right this time.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Mon Dieu!

What does that one mean then?
You've got me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.