Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why Canada is different.

Wikiposts

Why Canada is different.

Old May 16th 2011, 3:37 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Canada is different.

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I've seen pictures of, ahem, professionals who can charge that sort of coin for a day, or perhaps a night. They look rather different to you. Still to each his own eh?
I wish that dosh was going into my pocket. Sadly not.
Old May 16th 2011, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Canada is different.

When I first came to Canada, I worked for a couple of months in a call centre. This was worse than any experience I ever had in the UK. you couldn't even take a breath and if you spent too much time trying to help someone you got into trouble. I have never worked harder than when doing that job.

In my current job I do a fraction of the work, get three times the pay and get 100 times the gratitude and appreciation even though nobody truly understands what I do.

In Canada I have found the poeple extremely friendly, but this friendliness often does not have a lot of depth,

One week they could be praising you to the hilt, but you could very easily walk into work the next day to be told you are being let go.

So now I graciously accept all praise and rewards given, but at the back of my mind am always aware that I could be out of a job tomorrow.