why canada ?

Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why canada ?

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Kelowna tour part quatre

Anyways that's just some randomness of K-Town's natural beauty and reflects what we have around us. If you're serious about relocating here I can help with:

Relocation advice
General local knowledge
Links to local information/media
Realty
Accomodation
Networking & introductions
Employment links
Arranging itineraries for research visits
Leisure and amenity info

/etc. and yes I'm a 100% advocate of the Okanagan lifestyle

Rich.
Thanks for all the pics Rich
I'm going to show them to my wife later and try to sway her towards the area instead of Ont. She's a project manager in an engineering/IT environment and is the principle applicant, she's also on about coming back to England to work for 6 months or so so as to build up a good savings base when we finally settle. And I know where I'd rather be while I wait....
Thanks for the list of 'helps' too.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Thanks for all the pics Rich
I'm going to show them to my wife later and try to sway her towards the area instead of Ont. She's a project manager in an engineering/IT environment and is the principle applicant, she's also on about coming back to England to work for 6 months or so so as to build up a good savings base when we finally settle. And I know where I'd rather be while I wait....
Thanks for the list of 'helps' too.
Steve,

Why does your wife want to go to Ontario? Is it for work or do you have any family/friends in that area?
Just curious really.
We loved the beauty of B.C and have read much about the congestion around Toronto and didn't fancy their extreme cold winters but on the other hand didn't fancy Vancouvers rain so started looking at the Okanagan as they enjoy good summers but you can still ski etc in the winter without the
-40 temperatures.
As Rich says Kelowna is certainly getting more expensive but has everything you're likely to need. We looked at quite a few areas outside of Kelowna and whilst the property prices are much better they were perhaps a bit quiet for a family with two teenage boys. We still haven't made up our minds 100% on exactly where we are going to settle but it will definitely be within the Okanagan/Shuswap.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Steve,

Why does your wife want to go to Ontario? Is it for work or do you have any family/friends in that area?
Just curious really.
We loved the beauty of B.C and have read much about the congestion around Toronto and didn't fancy their extreme cold winters but on the other hand didn't fancy Vancouvers rain so started looking at the Okanagan as they enjoy good summers but you can still ski etc in the winter without the
-40 temperatures.
As Rich says Kelowna is certainly getting more expensive but has everything you're likely to need. We looked at quite a few areas outside of Kelowna and whilst the property prices are much better they were perhaps a bit quiet for a family with two teenage boys. We still haven't made up our minds 100% on exactly where we are going to settle but it will definitely be within the Okanagan/Shuswap.
Hey printer, I'm finding myself wandering around the Canada forums and keep on bumping into you

A bit complicated the Ontario thing, initially it was (and still is to a degree)because it's closer to blighty as her mother lost her husband last year and she's in her 80's, so she wanted to be able to get back fairly quickly in the event of something happening to her. We also have some 'acquaintances' in the Toronto area who could help us with work etc. Also Lesley (my wife) has a thing about Oakville, which I don't share. It's like a huge housing estate with millions of kids and cars and roads and houses and houses and houses....
I'm going to show her the photos that Rich put on in a mo and see what happens. Oh she's just sat down so here goes...I'll look at housing in the area you've just quoted to.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Will you be buying a shotgun for your pickup truck next?
We have a bunny blaster here, which we use for shooting the raccoons; I don't expect to need more than that.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
And be deadly serious about coming for the weather/outdoor lifestyle else if this is only a "nice to have" then it's not worth it IMHO.
As always, I wonder what this "outdoor lifestyle" is but it sounds active, what would you do if you got injured or just old? Would you then move to a city?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:55 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
As always, I wonder what this "outdoor lifestyle" is but it sounds active, what would you do if you got injured or just old? Would you then move to a city?
Well I'm sure I will be able to ski and mountain bike for a few years yet...a moderate injury from MTB'ing wasn't too worrysome, 5 weeks to heal bashed ribs was an invonvenience but nothing too bad.

And when I get old I can always take up golf and play 'slow tennis' the way seniors do. And other seniors occupations like writing letters to local newspapers, semi-pro complaining, curtain twitching etc.

Never move to a city though, no....too many of those pesky humanus aggravatus live there [tut tut]

Rich.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mad city fan
what made you choose to live in or work in canada ?
Because I like mountains and always wanted to see some from my house. Which I do
Old Jan 30th 2007, 6:55 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
Because I like mountains and always wanted to see some from my house. Which I do
The mud piled up for construction of the LRT doesnt count.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:00 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
We have a bunny blaster here, which we use for shooting the raccoons; I don't expect to need more than that.
Too bad you're not moving to Alberta.... that way if your missed your intended meal and shot the ground instead, oil might spring out.... then you'd be just like Jed Clampett.

http://home.comcast.net/~millenniumb...illbillies.mp3

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jan 30th 2007 at 7:15 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
The mud piled up for construction of the LRT doesnt count.
oi!....... front up stairs landing and from the bonus room............ you just havent been around my house in the daylight.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:11 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

oi!....... front up stairs landing and from the bonus room............ you just havent been around my house in the daylight.
mmmmmmmmmmmm
I have a sneaking feeling those are the foothills

Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

from the bonus room.....
Does anyone apart from builders call it that? It sounds so funny.

"Put it in the bonus room honey", "I'm just going up to the bonus room"
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Does anyone apart from builders call it that? It sounds so funny.

"Put it in the bonus room honey", "I'm just going up to the bonus room".
Yep I do
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Yep I do
Just makes your property sound like a perpetual quiz show
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Just makes your property sound like a perpetual quiz show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.