Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who's got plans for the End of the World on Friday then?

Who's got plans for the End of the World on Friday then?

Old Dec 17th 2012, 5:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's got plans for the End of the World on Friday then?

Anybody having an End of the World party? Or just hiding under the duvet all day?

It's my tenth wedding anniversary, so I'm really hoping that the end of the world comes at the end of the day when I will have been out for a lovely long boozy lunch to celebrate. I won't care by then.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:51 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's got plans for the End of the World on Friday then?

Hopefully it does not end as I still have two bottles of vodka, a bottle of tequila, some wine, a pack of beer and some sour mash beer that still needs drinking and I have not got any booze in for Christmas yet
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Hopefully it does not end as I still have two bottles of vodka, a bottle of tequila, some wine, a pack of beer and some sour mash beer that still needs drinking and I have not got any booze in for Christmas yet
Just start in the morning, drink the lot and then if the end of the world comes you'll be too sozzled to feel a thing.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:53 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be feeling fine.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:54 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just start in the morning, drink the lot and then if the end of the world comes you'll be too sozzled to feel a thing.
Sounds like a great plan, think I will have to start early though
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:05 pm
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking the puppy to have his testicles disconnected and removed on Friday.

I have been trying to persuade him to hump his older sister but he's not interested. So, if the world does end shortly after his op, then I won't feel so bad for the little guy.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:06 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

No time for the end of the world, I'm working.

Anyhow didn't they prove that the calendar reverts back to the start on the end of the world calendar thingy? And not end of the world.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:08 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Did Mayans ever figure out the wheel?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:10 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
No, but didn't they invent chocolate? Or was that the aztecs. Mind you they were very blood thirsty and sacrificed a lot of people.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Anyhow didn't they prove that the calendar reverts back to the start on the end of the world calendar thingy? And not end of the world.
So I can enjoy my lunch without worrying about an imminent comet landing on my head? Marvellous.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

They must have done or why would they invent the odometer?
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi
No time for the end of the world, I'm working.

Prove? No. It's simply an hypothesis until Saturday morning.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:19 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
They must have done or why would they invent the odometer?
They think they’re so clever? I fixed my Christmas tree lights last night, so **** the Mayans.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

They think they’re so clever? I fixed my Christmas tree lights last night, so **** the Mayans.
I think the Mayans were well and truly ****ed some time ago.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

I've just arranged to go out on Saturday, the first proper drinking night with a few Brits in Edmonton since I came here almost 2 years ago.

Do you think they'd kindly put it back a day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.