Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Where the hell is England???

Where the hell is England???

Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:23 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Where the hell is England???

I just checked the Under 20 World Cup teams and was very surprised to find England is not there.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/index.html

Scotland but no England, what happened?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where the hell is England???

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I just checked the Under 20 World Cup teams and was very surprised to find England is not there.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/index.html

Steve

Think we only have representation at U21's

Gay
x
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Steve

Think we only have representation at U21's

Gay
x
There's a U21 as well????
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

There's a U21 as well????
Our U21's normally only go for European and World Cups
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future

Scotland got gubbed again

3:1 against Japan.

Next game on wednesday against Nigeria. (in Victoria)

Canada also got beaten
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:16 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

I watched the Scotland game last night, the media are expecting big things from the current u/20 batch, they got a bit of a lesson last night and the keeper had a bit of a mare!

I guess they will be home early just like the senior team usually is!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

macmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond reputemacmike41 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to see the Canada/Chile game last night - ouch. Loads of support for Canada but sorry they were way in the wrong league - they really tried but just didn't have the teamwork or finishing drive to see it through - two or three good players but as a team lacked the think ahead skills. Played with only one forward but Chile defence had him covered and smothered him whenever the ball came forward - goal keeper was ok but the defence were outplayed. Heartbreaking to watch so lets hope they learn from this experience and are better prepared for their next game.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future

Just noticed on the FIFA site that the games are live on t'internet if your in the UK (also other places).

As I'm on long night shift the Scotland game is on at 03:45 (uk).

Japan V Costa Rica at 01:00 ....

mclauchlan35
I watched the Scotland game last night

Did you watch it on the net ?? what was the quality like ??

Cheers

Adbru
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:17 pm
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Naw, The games are on bbc2 and Eurosport, or at least they were the other night!!

I watched the usa game last night the boy Freddie Adu looks like a bit of a player, they tanked poland 6-1
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:03 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

I watch but I think they should give points for dramatic acting, what a bunch of pussies.

We'll never win in games where we can't hammer the crap out of them.

I'd love to see more delay of game penalties to stop this nonsense, for which I blame the Italians.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 8:13 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

Scotland qualified from the European U19 championship last year, having lost to a very good spain team in the final.

England naturally tanked in the group stages of the u19s, bottom or second from bottom of group. Basically we weren't good enough, although the suspicion is that a lot of the good U19s get called up to the U21s and were not playing...but that sounds suspiciously like an excuse for Scotland doing better

The real surprise is that the scots havnea made more noise about this virtual drubbing of the old foe

Despite the media frenzy over the U20 WC here, its really hard to track down any sign of its existence in the UK web media.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:11 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve - you sort of worried me with your question - thought the polar ice caps had melted alot quicker than anticipated and flooded the whole of England - so relieved to know its about footie
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Alvic
Steve - you sort of worried me with your question - thought the polar ice caps had melted alot quicker than anticipated and flooded the whole of England - so relieved to know its about footie

By the sounds of all the complaints about the current monsoons in the UK it could be a valid question in a month or two if it doesn't improve.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

the east coast,near hull and east yorkshire took a battering....still some places under water yet,and thats been two weeks odd
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:23 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

By the sounds of all the complaints about the current monsoons in the UK it could be a valid question in a month or two if it doesn't improve.
Your're right - they'll be looking out for a guy called Noah with a big wooden boat!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.