Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Where did you meet yr OH ?????

Where did you meet yr OH ?????

Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where did you meet yr OH ?????

Originally Posted by zalaben
Oh i dont know if it will ever happen.. as soon as i say that i have 3 kids, 2 of whom are teens , they run for their lives

i hope it does happen though. Seeing that so many of you have found love over the internet has given me hope but there are so many weirdos out there , I would be nervous to meet anyone. Anyway, you have given me hope! got any good sites for me then??

I totally believe in fate too.
Hey i met my clair on the net and guess what,,, she has three kids and it didnt bother me at all and we have been together for four years now and married for nearly two and she is the best damn girl i have ever met.
You will find someone youll see,,, i did ,
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:51 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Met her at work, moved in together after 6 months, married after 5 years and after 18 years together I am now waiting for her ( and my daughter ) to join me in Canada in 2 weeks time.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loafy
Hey i met my clair on the net and guess what,,, she has three kids and it didnt bother me at all and we have been together for four years now and married for nearly two and she is the best damn girl i have ever met.
You will find someone youll see,,, i did ,
there is hope then!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 1:34 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

We met playing online games (dominoes, backgammon, literati). We met 4 months later in London. I then spent 2 holidays there in the next four months. He visited me 3X during the next 6 months...we married on his last trip.

Last edited by tamms_1965; Aug 13th 2007 at 1:39 am.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WelshDragonsWales
Just for fun - where did you meet yr OH and what was their 'Chat up' line.

OK i will go first. We met on the internet - i sent him a 'Hello' and the rest is romantic history

Ok your go now .....
I met Laura at a Police Station. I had just been posted there on transfer from another force and she was working as a 'Special'.

That was nearly 22 years ago. We will have been married 19 years in September this year. If our PPR arrives in time, we are hoping that our wedding anniversary will be in Canada.

She still is special.

Simon

Last edited by simon876; Aug 13th 2007 at 7:48 am.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zalaben
there is hope then!
Oh yeah, there is someone for everyone, you have too put yourself at the top thou and think of yourself and what you want and any man worth his salt will see what a wonderful person you are in the end hopefully and vice versa.
I dated Clair for nearly a year before we moved in together, it was good for all the right reasons to not rush as not to put to fine a point on it we are not exactly old but not young so time was on our side, we could cruise along seeing each other knowing we were committed to the relationship and with me trucking round the UK and seeing her most weekends this helped to intergrate with her kids without putting to much strain on the kids and her life that she had with them.
It is a different ball game from meeting someone losing the plot in lust and skanking days off work to be with each other and move in to find that the person you thought was a real gem is a complete To--er LOL but it happens.
You will get there in the end you will see.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

a1anm is on a distinguished road

i met my girlfriend on a booze cruise in Vancouver just over 3 years ago. I was there on a 1 year visa with Bunac. When i returned she got a 2 year working holiday maker visa and came to the UK with me.

I'm now on the process of getting a Canadian visa so we can both return to Canada.

I can't remember what the first things we said to each other where. I think the majority of the night is a bit of a blur for both of us.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

In an X-Files IRC chat room...well, it was 1997 and we were young
Old Aug 13th 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

LoopyLou is an unknown quantity at this point

We went to the same school. I was 14, he was 13. I was an extra in the school play and he was doing the face painting. I can't remember what he said to me but he made me laugh and was lovely. We didn't get together right away it wouldn't happen for another 8 years. We have been together for nearly 7 years now.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:44 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoopyLou
We went to the same school. I was 14, he was 13. I was an extra in the school play and he was doing the face painting. I can't remember what he said to me but he made me laugh and was lovely. We didn't get together right away it wouldn't happen for another 8 years. We have been together for nearly 7 years now.
Aw young love
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

we met at my wedding in 1990 on the recieving line!!, he worked with my husband, and we went to their wedding 2 months later, 2 years later after a few nights out as couples, and both having our first children our marraiges ended, he found out, phoned me and we have been together ever since,( i had always thought that he was good lookin) we got married 3 years later and had a child together, we are total opposites, im like "whatever....." and he just stresses!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

we too met online he e-mailed me I email back we IM for a few few weeks then talked on the phone and two months later he came across the pond for his first visit and the rest is history we will celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary this month.

Island Girl
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I met my OH in the days long before the Internet .......... We met at Lewisham Bowling Alley in 'sarf' London. I went up to OH and chatted to him as we were both working for the Met. Police at the time, but at different locations. Afterwards we went onto a pub where I nearly killed a few locals with my bad aims while playing darts I remember people ducking and running away!

Nevertheless it didn't put him off, we clicked, got engaged 3 months later and celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary yesterday
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:18 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee

Nevertheless it didn't put him off, we clicked, got engaged 3 months later and celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary yesterday
Congratulations to you both
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I met my OH in the days long before the Internet .......... We met at Lewisham Bowling Alley in 'sarf' London. I went up to OH and chatted to him as we were both working for the Met. Police at the time, but at different locations. Afterwards we went onto a pub where I nearly killed a few locals with my bad aims while playing darts I remember people ducking and running away!

Congratulations and Happy 20th wedding annivesary to both of you
Yoong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.