Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Where did you meet yr OH ?????

Where did you meet yr OH ?????

Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:30 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all
Default Where did you meet yr OH ?????

Just for fun - where did you meet yr OH and what was their 'Chat up' line.

OK i will go first. We met on the internet - i sent him a 'Hello' and the rest is romantic history

Ok your go now .....
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where did you meet yr OH ?????

http://www.guardian.co.uk/talk
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

doodlebum will become famous soon enoughdoodlebum will become famous soon enough

I met mine online as well.

I don't recall any lines he used but we ended up exchanging email addy's and eventually phone numbers. He travelled across the pond a few times, I travelled across the pond and in the end it was me moving to good ole Blighty.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:40 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Online. Her ad was something along the line of 'Crazy Canadian, Landlocked in London, please send picture of boat'. I sent picture of boat. We met outside the London Aquarium and now I live in a place that I'd never heard of before I met her. (Oh, & I sold the boat to move here. )

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Aug 10th 2007 at 6:42 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Online. Her ad was something along the line of 'Crazy Canadian, Landlocked in London, please send picture of boat'. I sent picture of boat. We met outside the London Aquarium and now I live in a place that I'd never heard of before I met her.
That's beautiful!

I met my bloke through a mutual friend.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:00 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Online but I prefer not to say exactly where online!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:03 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

ha ha very funny - cant think what you are on about
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:18 pm
frothing loon mk 2

hamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WelshDragonsWales
ha ha very funny - cant think what you are on about
met my o h in pub 46 years ago , did'nt know that the in question had a practice of cutting your tie off at the knot, after the chat ,she "stitched me up to the landlord. hoodbye tie. i met her later that night at the dancehall
(that dates me eh) boy was she gobsmacked , because in those day s
men had to wear a tie. to gain entrance. what i had done was to go to the gents and shape some toilet paper in a tie like shape and buttoned up the jacket no probs waltzed in so to speak . we got married 4 years later
made her wait .
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:23 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshDragonsWales
Just for fun - where did you meet yr OH and what was their 'Chat up' line.

OK i will go first. We met on the internet - i sent him a 'Hello' and the rest is romantic history

Ok your go now .....
I hired her for a couple of weeks to help me with a pussy related thing. The internet was NOT involved.

No, really I did!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:27 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Met my OH 12 years ago through a friend. We dated for a year and then broke up. During that time I had went on holidays to Majorca with family and friends and sent my darling boyfriend at home, a postcard filled with lots of love, as you do when a teenager.(Oh to be a teenager again...but I digress).
Anyhow five years later in 2000 when I was seriously dating another guy for three years, I got a letter from OH, declaring his undying love for me and said he had been really glad to get the postcard and to know that I still loved him too and would I please get in touch with him!!!
To cut a long story short,as he was my first love - whom you never forget, I phoned him to see what he was on about as I had just been on a recent holiday at the time with current boyfriend and had definitely NOT sent my old flame a postcard.

Yes you got it....thanks to a strange mishap with a lost postcard which turned up five years late, my first love and I are now happily married for five years.

Awwww..that is very romantic
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:27 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
I hired her for a couple of weeks to help me with a pussy related thing. The internet was NOT involved.

No, really I did!
Now you cant leave the story there....tell all please
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

At a boxing day party, I kicked a large dog flap into his nuts n he said he loved me. Swapped numbers, woke up next morning wondering who's it was (had drunk a lot of nasty homemade cocktail), Next time we met he was with his mates and I wasn't sure which one I was meant to meet.

All worked out in the end though

Sharon
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Online. Her ad was something along the line of 'Crazy Canadian, Landlocked in London, please send picture of boat'. I sent picture of boat. We met outside the London Aquarium and now I live in a place that I'd never heard of before I met her. (Oh, & I sold the boat to move here. )
Love it.. and ditto (minus boat). OH spent six weeks persuading me to meet up. I agreed to a platonic dinner, walked out of the car and into his arms and our first date lasted 36 hours. (I protested that I wasn't that kind of girl... turned out I was - but only for him.) Five years on we still can't bear to be apart so when he's away on business (Italy this week, India next) we text and talk and skype and IM and so on a dozen times a day.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:34 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

My OH followed me round at a mutual friend's party just over eleven years ago and I still haven't managed to shake him off!
Flossie
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:36 pm
frothing loon mk 2

hamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud ofhamshank has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
At a boxing day party, I kicked a large dog flap into his nuts n he said he loved me. Swapped numbers, woke up next morning wondering who's it was (had drunk a lot of nasty homemade cocktail), Next time we met he was with his mates and I wasn't sure which one I was meant to meet.

All worked out in the end though

Sharon
a bit of northern SOLE eh boxer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.