Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

when is the best time to ...........

when is the best time to ...........

Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:40 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of
Default when is the best time to ...........

hi ya am hoping this doesnt bug too many people but as things seem to be moving along in the world of chc , we (hopefully ) should be getting out update letters soon (maybe )

am just wondering how soon did everyone start sorta clearing out their cupboards of all the crap stuff they didnt want ?? etc......

i am a proper hoarder (am dreading the loft ) and figured if i start doing bits here and there it will be easier when the time gets closer whenever that may be lol ,

now is my way of thinking normal or am i just getting way too ahead of myself (granted i should have a clear out wether we were leaving or not )

this is a bit of a ramble really , so sorry if it pees anyone off , lol x
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when is the best time to ...........

Get cracking !! If it's that bad in the loft, you might need a few months, 8 car boot sales and try not to lose the will to live!!

You'd be amazed at how cathartic it all is really

And if you are trying to sell a house, absolutely get rid of ALL the clutter anyway.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, it's never too early to start clearing out.

I'm not a hoarder and we had only been in our last house one year but it still took me weeks (I like to do things a little at a time though - don't want to over do it )
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:36 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

What we did ... and sorry if you've heard this before (shut your eyes now!) .... was start out by sorting things into piles:

1) Things you want. 2) Stuff for dumping (crap). 3) Stuff you think somebody might buy (ebay or car boot etc) or want as a gift.

Then pile 3) you offer to friends, do the ebay thing, have a carboot sale, and take what's left to a charity shop or the dump.

Then once you've got over that you look at pile 1) again ..... and so on....

Gradually pile 1) gets small enough to pack and bring with you .... and even now we have boxes in a closet that we've never unpacked so presumably don't really want (try telling that to my hubby and sons!!!)

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Aug 22nd 2008 at 10:38 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 12:59 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

My advice would be to start yesterday! It is never too early to start having a sort out. We gave ourselves two months to sort out, Ebay and car boot and we still ended up having to dump a load of stuff at my mum's the day before we flew out!
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 1:40 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

thanks guys , thats a real help , i just wanted to make sure i wasnt jumping the gun anyhow i have sorted my sons room (aka pigsty !!) and clered 3 bin bags of toys, and other crap he doesnt ever use , lol
so at least i feel as though i have made a start , lol xxx
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Hey..calm down you...Your AOR is just 3 days after ours...if you start now then that means we have to aswell
But its still damn exciting isn't it!!!
Cheers
Tim