whats yours like??

Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats yours like??

Originally Posted by steve666
Thanks for that, I guess it's all down to whatever team you have.
i hope so cos robinson were rubbish for us. Goods in canada before we were, several broken items, they underestimated considerably and we had to leave 2 beds and several boxes of books and some other items behind. We found that some of the boxes hadnt been filled or things that could have been filled were packed empty. They marked on their packing lists that some furniture was scartched and dented- it was mark free. They had to unpack,inspect and then repack. They charged us $800 for the excess too. WIlliams at this end were great except the stuff hadnt been cleared from the warehouse so customs in Pboro wouldnt/couldnt accept it so back it had to go.

Just watch them closely. our team seemed really nice but obviously werent!

I hope it all goes OK
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
That's a very familiar style of house. We lived in something just like that for a couple of years when we arrived. Are there lots of those on your street? If there are, you may well be living in what used to be military housing.
They are called "war houses" round here, built to house returning troops and in this houses case the war bride from yorkshire. She must have been the only yorkshire woman who didnt know how to clean!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:02 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
They are called "war houses" round here, built to house returning troops
There are still plenty of them around. The military still use them. There are even lots in <gasp> Oakville.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are still plenty of them around. The military still use them. There are even lots in <gasp> Oakville.
gasp!! have seen them in the Niagara region too, solid houses bigger than they look from the outside too. I just dont feel at home in it.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

Here's mine. Currently on the market if anyone's interested?
Attached Thumbnails whats yours like??-91645471.jpg   whats yours like??-91645472.jpg  
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Beebop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ImLivingTheDream
Here's mine. Currently on the market if anyone's interested?
And where in BC is that then?

If it is less than several million, I'll consider it!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

In Vernon, where all the old people live
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:18 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

They are all over the country.

I was given the opportunity to buy the one I was given to rent in Fort St. John but the proviso was that it had to be moved off the airport property. I declined the offer and took a transfer to Edmonton.

When the military moved out of Calgary a large number of PMQs were purchased by a developer completely gutted, renovated and sold.

It is quite a sort after area these days.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:34 pm
Banned

startwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond reputestartwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
I used to drive past there every day going to Trinity Quay for work for 7 years.
That's my neck of the woods too, I'll be driving that way soon on my next trip back.

Bananahammock - 33 years later I still miss it, but usually by day 3 of my visits home I am ready to leave again! However, if I could just afford to live somewhere in the Cotswolds it would be a different story.....
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ImLivingTheDream
In Vernon, where all the old people live
so several million then?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:41 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
They are all over the country.

I was given the opportunity to buy the one I was given to rent in Fort St. John but the proviso was that it had to be moved off the airport property. I declined the offer and took a transfer to Edmonton.

When the military moved out of Calgary a large number of PMQs were purchased by a developer completely gutted, renovated and sold.

It is quite a sort after area these days.
It amazes me that the Oakville PMQ estate is still there. It comprises about 70 houses, most of which are not occupied. It's a big plot of land in downtown Oakville and worth a fortune to a developer.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:43 pm
Account Closed

It amazes me that the Oakville PMQ estate is still there. It comprises about 70 houses, most of which are not occupied. It's a big plot of land in downtown Oakville and worth a fortune to a developer.
It's not going anywhere (don't make land anymore) and it depends on what is planned for future military requirements.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:46 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps it is still owned by "Canada Lands" and they are asking too high a price for it.

Canada Lands still owns most if not all of Currie Barracks in Calgary although it is mostly leased out.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beebop
so several million then?
Nearly 5, but it's very nice
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:07 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Meanwhile back in the real world () here's a rather fetching shot of AX Towers from April. 3 Beds, Fully developed basement, 2 Garages & an acre cost North of $200k in 2005 and is worth South of $300k these days.
Attached Thumbnails whats yours like??-img_0312-large-.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.