whats yours like??

Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats yours like??

Originally Posted by bananahammock
This was our 3 bed semi in East Bristol

Took the 1st one the day we were leaving, 2nd one is our back garden & 3rd is the M32 at the end of the street ................ its a whole world away from what we have here but I still miss it
I see you used Robinsons for your removals, they arrive next week to move our stuff out. Did you find them ok?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:45 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm...........they were OK although I did notice some of our stuff had the wrong name on it when I mentioned it to the bloke that seemed to be in charge he laughed & said..........'don't worry missus, he's a bit dyslexic' ....................... Robinsons used Williams this side of the pond & they were great.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm...........they were OK although I did notice some of our stuff had the wrong name on it when I mentioned it to the bloke that seemed to be in charge he laughed & said..........'don't worry missus, he's a bit dyslexic' ....................... Robinsons used Williams this side of the pond & they were great.
Thanks for that, I guess it's all down to whatever team you have.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, ours is at the north end of Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.
2,900ft, 5 beds, 3 bathrooms, storage room, office, laundry, open plan living/dining/kitchen, 30ft family room in the finished basement. Cost just over $300,000 year & a half ago, valued at $400,000 last christmas........just about to get it valued again don't know what we were thinking buying a house this big (can't believe a family of 4 have managed to fill it with so much crap!!) thinking of buying a smaller house with more land
Confucius say: amount of junk will grow to match amount of space!

Great place you have, spent 2 months in Nanaimo about 10 years ago staying with friends - was a good base from which to explore the Island.
Thanks for sharing.
Rob.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:02 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
Confucius say: amount of junk will grow to match amount of space!

Has anyone else found that they are having to downsize to fit everything in their container only to have a very empty house when you get on the other side of the pond

steve
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:12 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

This was our 3 bed semi in East Bristol

Took the 1st one the day we were leaving, 2nd one is our back garden & 3rd is the M32 at the end of the street ................ its a whole world away from what we have here but I still miss it
I used to drive past there every day going to Trinity Quay for work for 7 years.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:20 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steved61
Has anyone else found that they are having to downsize to fit everything in their container only to have a very empty house when you get on the other side of the pond

steve
YES...its crazy really. Talk about a false econonmy...most of my worldly goods now fit into my spare bedroom ready for the removals van

Never realised before I had so many electrical gadgets (stop it I mean kitchen items)
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:20 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
After seeing that gorgeous house the MKMurrays have, and a few others in the past as well I thought it might be nice to see where everyone else lives.
It may help others to see where us expats end up living, so any info on location, size and price would be useful but understandable if you dont want to give that.

So heres ours, Peterborough, south end. 2 beds, we use the 3rd as a sitting room. Unfinished basement, cost us $15OK last October. Its an OK house, I dont like it very much but its the best we could afford that was on the market then. If we get PR and can stay then we will move out of the city to somewhere cheaper.
That's a very familiar style of house. We lived in something just like that for a couple of years when we arrived. Are there lots of those on your street? If there are, you may well be living in what used to be military housing.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 12:41 pm

This is Chateau Souv, in Cote d'Azur, Gatineau. Purchased 3 years ago for $170k. It's not huge (about 25x25) but the basement is fully finished and has been converted, by me, to a TV room, the Boy's bedroom and a laundry room, soon to include a bathroom.

I'll admit it is a bit cookie-cutter 'ish but at least the builders mixed the styles quite a lot so the area doesn't have the legoland feel. Lots of trees round here, too, and very few overhead cables.
Attached Thumbnails whats yours like??-dscn0200.jpg   whats yours like??-dscn0199.jpg  
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

this is our house its on the market for 119.950 GBP a few people have looked but nothin yet , an invester said he would buy it and rent it back to us then pulled out last min, oh well we can dream and sit and wait !!
Attached Thumbnails whats yours like??-our-house.bmp   whats yours like??-our-back-view.bmp   whats yours like??-our-garden.bmp  
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:41 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steved61

steve
Yep ...................but it only took 18 months to fill it up again!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
This is Chateau Souv, in Cote d'Azur, Gatineau. Purchased 3 years ago for $170k. It's not huge (about 25x25) but the basement is fully finished and has been converted, by me, to a TV room, the Boy's bedroom and a laundry room, soon to include a bathroom.

I'll admit it is a bit cookie-cutter 'ish but at least the builders mixed the styles quite a lot so the area doesn't have the legoland feel. Lots of trees round here, too, and very few overhead cables.
Nice one Souv - and a very pleasing suburban view, and it is nice not to see too many overhead cables. That pool looks inviting!

Rob.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
Nice one Souv - and a very pleasing suburban view, and it is nice not to see too many overhead cables. That pool looks inviting!

Rob.
The pool is my neighbour's. We are one of the few houses around here without one. It seems to be an obsession with people to devote much of a small back yard to a pool. And then not use it. I haven't seen the neighbours in the pool once this year.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:03 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a very familiar style of house. We lived in something just like that for a couple of years when we arrived. Are there lots of those on your street? If there are, you may well be living in what used to be military housing.
I agree that it could very well be military housing. We lived in a very similar home on the airport when I was posted to Fort St. John B.C. when I first got into Air Traffic Control.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

The pool is my neighbour's. We are one of the few houses around here without one. It seems to be an obsession with people to devote much of a small back yard to a pool. And then not use it. I haven't seen the neighbours in the pool once this year.
I know what you mean - as a kid growing up in Johannesburg we spent all summer in the pool, couldn't get us away from it - then when we were teenagers, there were other interests, and me ol Dad complained bitterly that it cost him time and money to keep it clean and no one used it! After a few years he sold the house to get away from the pool - but ended up buying another house with a pool - "but it's a much smaller pool" was his explanantion - although in his defence it was hard to find a house in our neighborhood without a pool.

Rob.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.