Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

whats the weather like in vancouver and on the island

whats the weather like in vancouver and on the island

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of
Default whats the weather like in vancouver and on the island

I have an unexpected couple of days off next week, and so I am looking at taking a small trip somewhere. The only place the travel agent could get me to for less than 2k is vancouver or victoria,

Whats the weather like at the moment? and can you do things like whale watching at this time of year?

cheers for advice
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:25 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats the weather like in vancouver and on the island

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
I have an unexpected couple of days off next week, and so I am looking at taking a small trip somewhere. The only place the travel agent could get me to for less than 2k is vancouver or victoria,

Whats the weather like at the moment? and can you do things like whale watching at this time of year?

cheers for advice
Now that really is the height of laziness. You can look up the weather forecast as easily as anyone else.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:27 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky bugger. I need a holiday!!!!

So the weather in Vancouver at the mo is looking ok but who knows what will happen over the coming weeks.

Whale watching would be fine now too. Check out the Granville Island one

http://www.whalesvancouver.com/
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Now that really is the height of laziness. You can look up the weather forecast as easily as anyone else.
tbh i dont take much heed of the forecast, they are pretty useless for winnipeg - i was looking for an actual person perspective - I wouldnt have really considered going to the west coast til a little later in the year. I suppose my question should really be is it a good time to visit now - or would i get more out of it in the summer
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by el_richo
Lucky bugger. I need a holiday!!!!

So the weather in Vancouver at the mo is looking ok but who knows what will happen over the coming weeks.

Whale watching would be fine now too. Check out the Granville Island one

http://www.whalesvancouver.com/
Cheers pal, thats a more useful reply
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:36 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose my question should really be is it a good time to visit now - or would i get more out of it in the summer
It's always a good time to visit

If the weather plays a big part on your reasons to go or any activities you're looking to do then the Summer in vancouver is a safer bet for consitency and opportunity. Plus there tends to be more going on during the summer months.

If not, then get on that aeroplane and enjoy
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:37 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

tbh i dont take much heed of the forecast, they are pretty useless for winnipeg - i was looking for an actual person perspective - I wouldnt have really considered going to the west coast til a little later in the year. I suppose my question should really be is it a good time to visit now - or would i get more out of it in the summer
I'd agree that most of the forecasts are a bit crap. The one for next week looks highly suspicious (where's the rain?).
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 2:14 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

cheers for advice
Weather forecast for the island on-line is mid/high teens for next week ..... I'm sat here watching the weather network & it says 20c by Thursday so who knows? Change their bl**dy minds all the time eh?

I went whale watching with http://www.orcaspirit.com/ out of Victoria harbour & they were great
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Its sunny but bloody chilly. About 10c here at the moment.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:34 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink

It's -5° C here in Calgary now that's "bloody chilly".

Not that we're proud of it in any way.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Been mostly blue skies and warm sunshine all this week in Victoria, forecast is for more of the same
As for the whales, the resident pods are back in the area as the downtown places (we use Prince of Whales) seem to be reporting pretty regular sightings.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

It's a beautiful time of the year to come if you enjoy English spring. Lush gardens, flowers, cherry blossoms.

http://vancouver.weatherpage.ca/wxcameras.html to see the weather real time.

Last edited by Lychee; Apr 24th 2009 at 12:03 am.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 12:27 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody gorgeous (if slightly cooler than average) and expected to be so for the next few days.

However, if you chose to visit it will, of course, pour down all the time. We do have a reputation to maintain.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:04 am

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink
Been here 16 years and can't recall when its been this chilly this late in the year, Absolutely beautiful though at the moment.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dboy
Been here 16 years and can't recall when its been this chilly this late in the year, Absolutely beautiful though at the moment.
Same in victoria. It really is chilly in the morning, although part of the reason might be because we live across from the ocean, but the wind is quite chilly.

I love the sun though so wont complain to much about the rain that is forecast for the weekend because next weeks is forecast to be cool but beautiful...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.