What's for Supper?

Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's for Supper?

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Hey Souv,

At last someone else who 'understands' it.
Actually i looked it up
I still don't understand it though but then i am blonde
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:21 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight I am stuffing giant tomatoes with ground beef, onions and seasoning and I may BBQ them or roast in the oven haven't decided yet.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 12:54 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Supper tonight is beer and Pringles, and probably icecream for dessert.
This job is drinking me to drive. *hic*
Old Jul 5th 2008, 5:05 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

We're having Chicken and Chorizo Gumbo on a bed of wild rice....Really simple recipe - I was astounded. First time I've tried it though - will post the verdict after dinner.
Old Jul 5th 2008, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Tonight I am stuffing giant tomatoes with ground beef, onions and seasoning and I may BBQ them or roast in the oven haven't decided yet.
That sounds really nice mmmm

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Supper tonight is beer and Pringles, and probably icecream for dessert.
This job is drinking me to drive. *hic*
home made ice cream

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
We're having Chicken and Chorizo Gumbo on a bed of wild rice....Really simple recipe - I was astounded. First time I've tried it though - will post the verdict after dinner.
Chili partie for us tonight, i made a vegie one but others are making different types. will let you know which is the best
Old Jul 5th 2008, 6:49 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

It was FAB...and it was a WW reciepe too.....will stick on Ex Fats also...just one slight tweek with the sauce and it was perfect....but I can tinker some more too...

175g Chorizo & 175g Chicken
Onion
Pepper
2 Garlic
1 level tbs flour
2 Stock Cube (I used veg in the absence of chicken)
400g Tinned Tomatoes
1/4 tsp tyme
1 pinch salt & black pepper (to taste)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp sugar

Add in other veg as required....I added Sweetcorn and Carrots etc.

Generously spray flameproof casserole with cooking spray. Add chicken and chorizo sausage and brown, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.

Stir in vegetables and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.

Sprinkle with flour. Cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and scrape up any brown bits from bottom of casserole.

Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes. Place in 4 bowls, sprinkle with spring onion and serve.

Can be served with rice...fantastic
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:51 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

The stuffed tomatoes worked really well. For some reason I thought we would each need two tomatoes We're having the remaining tomatoes for tea tonight!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:20 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

It was FAB...and it was a WW reciepe too.....will stick on Ex Fats also...just one slight tweek with the sauce and it was perfect....but I can tinker some more too...

175g Chorizo & 175g Chicken
Onion
Pepper
2 Garlic
1 level tbs flour
2 Stock Cube (I used veg in the absence of chicken)
400g Tinned Tomatoes
1/4 tsp tyme
1 pinch salt & black pepper (to taste)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp sugar

Add in other veg as required....I added Sweetcorn and Carrots etc.

Generously spray flameproof casserole with cooking spray. Add chicken and chorizo sausage and brown, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.

Stir in vegetables and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.

Sprinkle with flour. Cook 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and scrape up any brown bits from bottom of casserole.

Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes. Place in 4 bowls, sprinkle with spring onion and serve.

Can be served with rice...fantastic
Tried it with pasta too - yummy - good one HPM
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:15 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Bax
Tried it with pasta too - yummy - good one HPM
Howdy Stalker
Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:33 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Howdy Stalker
What you doin' on 'ere? I thought you only ate cats???
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:30 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Bax
What you doin' on 'ere? I thought you only ate cats???
I had steak and fish today as well.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 7:29 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I made an Hungarian Goulash and baked a coffee sponge cake yesterday still plenty left over for tonight.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I made an Hungarian Goulash and baked a coffee sponge cake yesterday still plenty left over for tonight.
Oww put the recipe up Cassie, that sounds good mmmm
Old Jul 8th 2008, 8:36 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Oww put the recipe up Cassie, that sounds good mmmm
From Delia's Complete Cookery Course

Hungarian Goulash (serves 4 people) Very easy to do.

1 1/2 lb chuck steak (700g) trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch (4cm cubes
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large onions, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 rounded tablespoon plain flour
1 rounded tablespoon Paprika
14 oz tin tomatoes (400g)
1 medium green or red pepper
5 fl oz soured cream (150ml)
salt and fresh pepper milled pepper

I also added mushrooms and sugar snap peas but I don't think I added quite as much meat, (which was lamb by the way) I tend to change recipes about

Pre heat oven gas mark 1 275 oF 140 oC

Heat oil in pan

Brown beef then tranferr to plate with slotted spoon leaving the juices in pan

Turn heat to medium - brown onions cook until pale golden

Add garlic and meat to the onions then sprinkle in flour and paprika and stir up the juices. Add tin tomatoes, season salt and pepper and bring to a boil.

Transfer to an over proof dish at this stage I added the mushrooms and place in oven for two hours.

When two hours are up stir in the chopped pepper and at this stage I put in my sugar snap peas. Place back in oven for 30mins

Just before serving stir in the soured cream to give a marbled creamy effect.

Serve with rice or veg.

I had it on its own due to a sore wisdom tooth which is coming out on Thursday but hubbie had it with chips. Its very nice.

Are you wanting the ingredients for the coffee cake as well?

Last edited by Cassie 10000; Jul 8th 2008 at 8:37 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:37 pm

All in one Sponge (very easy and quick)

4 oz self raising flour (110g) sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 oz soft marg at room temp (110g)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of instant coffee mixed with 1 dessertspoon of hot water

pre heat oven gas mark 3 325 oF 170oC

Grease two 7 inch sponge tins, I use a tin that has a cutter built in.

Take a large bowl sift flour and baking powder holding sieve high to get air in.

Add all other ingredients to bowl and whisk with electic whisk if possible, till thoroughly combined.

If the mixture doesn't drop off a wooden spoon add 1 - 2 teaspoons of warm water. and whisk again

Divide mixture between two tins and bake for about 30 mins, I generally keep an eye on things after 20mins because some ovens differ don't let your cake burn.

Take out of the oven and leave for 30 seconds then loosen the edges and place on a wire rack to cool

Once cooled fill with cream I used a Coffee Cream Mousseline but I will post that tommorrow because I have to go and make tea.
Attached Thumbnails What's for Supper?-p1000988.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.