What's for Supper?

Old Apr 7th 2008, 11:26 am
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's for Supper?

Originally Posted by The_Bax
SET ME A PLACE!
No problem, I serve up at 6
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:29 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I cooked chicken pasta.

I just concocted together the dish out of the stuff I had in the house and it was pretty good. So I cooked and drained enough macaroni for about 6 people. While I was doing that I fried some onions and 2 cloves of garlic and browned off the chicken, I also added some fresh parsley that I had in the fridge.

I put the pasta into a baking dish and poured a jar of 3 or 4 cheese pasta sauce over it and then stired it up. Then I topped it with the chicken and onions. Then I poured over some white sauce (mixed up from a packet). Then I smothered the lot with cheese, baked it in the oven, dished it up and then we all pigged out.

Something dead quick, dead easy and dead tasty for when you really don't feel like cooking.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:37 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

We do chicken lasagne
replace the mince with chicken and add veg (broc, carrots and peas)
put cheese and bacon sauce on top and grate some extra cheese over to taste.

Kids love it and i get them eating extra veg as well
Made sainsburys meal for £5 last night, cost me less than a £5
Meatballs..yum yum

Gill
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Littletashy
No problem, I serve up at 6
i'm only 6-7 miles away, i can def be there by 6
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:50 pm
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thundercat600
That MY dinner your muscling in on
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:33 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daft batty
Try this if you like corned beef hash. Its called panacklety (no idea how to spell it) and its from the northeast of England.

Slice some onions and fry them in a big frying pan. When soft put some sliced potatoes in a layer on top. Cover with water with a stock cube- or bisto - added - and salt and pepper- and then simmer with lid on till cooked. When spuds are soft put the corned beef on top in slices to make another layer. Put the pan lid on and let the corned beef heat through. Don't stir else its all a mess. Tastes good but its a mess.

My mum used to layer everything in an ovendish and bake it. An aunt used to add bacon, but that just tastes wrong to me.
My friend has taught me to do it like this and she adds layer of tinned chopped tomatoes too then tops up with a little gravy to keep moist then bakes off - scrumptious...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:35 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Harrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud ofHarrypottermouse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
bet mine still won't eat it, he is the only child i know who picks out the veg in veg spag bol haha but will try the corned beef one thanks sounds good

I don't know if anyone wants a lemon crunch pie recipe its a cheats ( all of mine are ) cheescake, everyone loves it and thinks you have spent ages making it,

Yes please
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:36 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
yeah ill take the lemon pie

One thing i was always told when baking is use the hands, doesnt matter how messy it gets, so far everything turns out good.
i only use measures when i bake, everything else i do is a bit of this and that

We are naughty with the kids, carrots are for seeing in the dark, others are trees to make you grow big and strong etc etc.

My eldest got brought up with a childminder who bought everything in packets and freezer, she is hard work and refuses to eat, but we are getting there slowly, my other 2 was brought up with me at home and totally love there food, ive made it fun and is slowly rubbing off on the oldest

But she still wont eat beetroot, my other 2 have had ham and beetroot buttys for dinner, my eldest just ham

Gill
I love it served up warm with Parsley Sauce
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:42 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

I love my cooking for the rushed potatoes...

Spuds - many as you like...
Cut into £1 coin thickness - par boil till aldente (or put in dish raw for thicker sauce)
Add anything else you like - fried onions, mushrooms...etc.
Tin Campbells condensed soup - mushroom.

Mix all together in bowl or casserole dish

Cook - either Microwave or oven till spuds cooked...

I've just experimented with making sausage rolls with Mustard or sweet chilli sauce inside too - will comment on result later.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 3:55 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thundercat600
Bloody hell, those of us from Northants are trying very hard to get out, your the second one i've seen on here this weekend, the other lives in the same town as me
Must be a reason for it

Have to go, got Meatballs to make! mmmm yummy
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:01 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by joelsa
That sounds like us too ann, although hubby can be a bit of a fussy child aswell sometimes.
The only meal we can all eat without anyone moaning is Shepherds pie, so i'm happier cooking in winter rather than summer. We're also partial to a nice Roast aswell.
I use the slow cooker alot also but mainly for various mince dishes. I'm not as adventurous a cook as i'd like to be because i know i'll end up throwing half of it away. My kids are quite young still so wouldn't appreciate anything too fancy.
I get really fed up with what to cook for dinner day in day out, you ladies with OH's who cook are soooo lucky.
Sorry I've only got this far through the thread - I would love to know what some of the slow cooker mince recipes are - only one I do is a bolognaisiy type thing....
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

glazed ham shank, with peas ans hash browns!!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walkerv05
glazed ham shank, with peas ans hash browns!!
hmmm loved honey glazed ham, that sounds good
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Harrypottermouse
Yes please
Small tin fussels condensed milk,
3 lemons ( no wax )
1 pint double cream,
ginger bisc 1 and half packets
4oz butter,

crush bisc, melt butter mix together and put in spring cake tin.
put in freezer to cool,

Take some of the peel of the lemons as much as you like i use 1 lemons worth ( can use limes ) cut in half and squeeze juice of all lemons,
mix with condensed milk,

whip double cream till before stiff stage, and fold in to cream, put on top of bisc base and chill for at least a couple of hours, turn out of tin whilst still very cold, can be frozen at this stage

sprinkle with grated choc, sometimes serve with raspberry coulis
also lovely with strawberries on top

everyone loves this and thinks you have worked for hours to produce such a masterpiece
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:13 pm
Cheesey Dippin-Dunkin

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Small tin fussels condensed milk,
3 lemons ( no wax )
1 pint double cream,
ginger bisc 1 and half packets
4oz butter,

crush bisc, melt butter mix together and put in spring cake tin.
put in freezer to cool,

Take some of the peel of the lemons as much as you like i use 1 lemons worth ( can use limes ) cut in half and squeeze juice of all lemons,
mix with condensed milk,

whip double cream till before stiff stage, and fold in to cream, put on top of bisc base and chill for at least a couple of hours, turn out of tin whilst still very cold, can be frozen at this stage

sprinkle with grated choc, sometimes serve with raspberry coulis
also lovely with strawberries on top

everyone loves this and thinks you have worked for hours to produce such a masterpiece

mmmm- will definately try this one..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.