Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:33 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Hmmm..

Lets see...

Jumping out of the bed of a speeding truck while crossing the Oakland Bay Bridge.... yes I still have the scar from where the truck tire burned into my leg while I was clinging on for dear life...

Oh the joys of being young...and stupid...
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDDep

Oh the joys of being young...and stupid...
And able to heal quickly!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:57 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
And able to heal quickly!
haha...I was pickin out bits of rubber for about a year...
Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:03 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Trying to split frozen burgers with a sharp kitchen knife in my right hand, whilst holding the burgers in my left hand...

Went through one side of my little finger and came out the other.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:43 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Tuppence the gas station moment was a close second Love the hamster wheel hahaha.

Why is it when we are young and drunk EVERYTHING seems like a good idea.

I remember showing off walking back from town one night absolutely trolleyed, and saying to my mates "I used to do the high jump when I was at school, bet I can still do it".

Then proceeding to try to do a full on scissor kick in trendy 80's stilettos and a tight skirt, over some old dears privet hedge, not realising there was a 6ft drop the other side. It was messy.

Remind me to defrost things before I try to seperate them - that seems to be a common reason for losing fingers.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Bringing horse in from lovely green grassed field - was sloppy pooing all the way to yard......... groomed said horse and then was stood at back picking out hooves.............. forgot horse had gorged on green grass..........slop slop slop all over me head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have never lived that down!!!!!!! - all yard full of people falling over hysterically....!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:49 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Strawberry
Bringing horse in from lovely green grassed field - was sloppy pooing all the way to yard......... groomed said horse and then was stood at back picking out hooves.............. forgot horse had gorged on green grass..........slop slop slop all over me head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have never lived that down!!!!!!! - all yard full of people falling over hysterically....!
Brings about a whole new meaning to being "Shit Faced"
Old Jul 9th 2010, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by el_richo
Brings about a whole new meaning to being "Shit Faced"
yep and trying to wash it out with freezin cold water from hosepipe was not fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I swear the bloody thing looked round at me first!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

linz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of lightlinz3112 is a glorious beacon of light

Coming home from the pub (a few weeks back ) and realised that the gazebo had been blown around that much that the poles that joined in the middle had come away.....my answer to fix it - plastic chair, 4in heels and tip toes!!
How come things don't seem to break when your drunk and only sprain???
Old Jul 10th 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

An excerpt from The Edge 102.1 morning show. Found it relation to a complaint against the show the CRTC was investigating. So not really the stupidest thing I have done but it's definitely up there for stupid things to do, and I cannot imagine how much that must have hurt

• Brenda:My fiancé, uh, my fiancé accidentally cut off my nipple with a weed whacker.
  • Barr: Wow.
  • Shapiro: That’s a good one.
  • Barr: That is, that’s new.
  • Shapiro: Can you explain how?
  • Brenda:Um, I like to sunbathe in the nude.
  • Shapiro: Oh yeah.
  • Brenda:And I was in the backyard and my fiancé was doing the lawn work.
  • Blundell: So he was weed whacking, was he? [Shapiro laughs]
  • Brenda:He was weed whacking, yes.
  • Shapiro: While you’re sun-tanning naked?
  • Brenda:Correct.
  • Shapiro: Okay.
  • Barr: Seems like a bad combo, but go on. [Shapiro laughs]
  • Brenda: [laughs] And he thought it would be funny to scare me with the weed whacker. And
  • we have the kind of weed whacker that has the, uh, the wires that come out to weed whack
  • the grass.
  • Barr: Yeah.
  • Brenda:And it accidentally hit me in the boob. And took my nipple off.
  • Barr: Now, are you minus one nipple or was it re-attached?
  • Brenda:No, I am minus one nipple.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:33 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
An excerpt from The Edge 102.1 morning show. Found it relation to a complaint against the show the CRTC was investigating. So not really the stupidest thing I have done but it's definitely up there for stupid things to do, and I cannot imagine how much that must have hurt

• Brenda:My fiancé, uh, my fiancé accidentally cut off my nipple with a weed whacker.
  • Barr: Wow.
  • Shapiro: That’s a good one.
  • Barr: That is, that’s new.
  • Shapiro: Can you explain how?
  • Brenda:Um, I like to sunbathe in the nude.
  • Shapiro: Oh yeah.
  • Brenda:And I was in the backyard and my fiancé was doing the lawn work.
  • Blundell: So he was weed whacking, was he? [Shapiro laughs]
  • Brenda:He was weed whacking, yes.
  • Shapiro: While you’re sun-tanning naked?
  • Brenda:Correct.
  • Shapiro: Okay.
  • Barr: Seems like a bad combo, but go on. [Shapiro laughs]
  • Brenda: [laughs] And he thought it would be funny to scare me with the weed whacker. And
  • we have the kind of weed whacker that has the, uh, the wires that come out to weed whack
  • the grass.
  • Barr: Yeah.
  • Brenda:And it accidentally hit me in the boob. And took my nipple off.
  • Barr: Now, are you minus one nipple or was it re-attached?
  • Brenda:No, I am minus one nipple.
That goes in the same file as Souvenirs paint roller / nipple incident
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Given that I have extensive form in this regard (VW bonnet, anyone?), perhaps you will settle for the stupidiest thing today.

Farm equipment is large and heavy and is mainly designed for cutting and mashing things. The user tends to alone in a field so care is required. At the risk of being overly technical, farmy things tend to be attached to a tractor by a three-point hitch arrangement, the lower two points are arms on the tractor with bushed holes in them. Large pointed speary things on the attachment are poked through them. Attaching things is a bitch of a job requiring more hands and strength than humankind jointly possesses. A linchpin secures the connection between the tractor and whichever slashing device is in use.

My linchpin broke and a speary thing became unfettered. I climbed down. The spear wasn't far from the hole so I thought I could lever it back in place. I positioned myself between the tractor and the device, (a flailing hammer mower) and pried. I didn't have the strength to shift it. I then had the brilliant idea that, if I just lifted the arms hydraulically everything might fall in place. It might have, but it didn't.

Pressing the tractor's "lift" control caused the whole heavy thing to lift in the air and skew sideways, the spear hit the inside of my knee and the weight of the assembly jammed me against the tractor. I was discomforted. I couldn't reach the lever to lower the device and free my leg. Discomfort quickly became pain. At a loss, I hastily composed an email summarising my position on a matter of importance, sent it, and closed my eyes.

Perhaps disappointingly, I didn't find myself being licked by eternal flames, but by a large dog of my acquaintance. Energising myself by screaming obscenities, I lunged upward and grabbed the lift control, the machine fell away and I dropped to the ground, glad that I have an automatic car and full of empathy for that guy who sawed a limb off to escape from under a fallen tree.

I'm not good in the country, me.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Given that I have extensive form in this regard (VW bonnet, anyone?), perhaps you will settle for the stupidiest thing today.

Farm equipment is large and heavy and is mainly designed for cutting and mashing things. The user tends to alone in a field so care is required. At the risk of being overly technical, farmy things tend to be attached to a tractor by a three-point hitch arrangement, the lower two points are arms on the tractor with bushed holes in them. Large pointed speary things on the attachment are poked through them. Attaching things is a bitch of a job requiring more hands and strength than humankind jointly possesses. A linchpin secures the connection between the tractor and whichever slashing device is in use.

My linchpin broke and a speary thing became unfettered. I climbed down. The spear wasn't far from the hole so I thought I could lever it back in place. I positioned myself between the tractor and the device, (a flailing hammer mower) and pried. I didn't have the strength to shift it. I then had the brilliant idea that, if I just lifted the arms hydraulically everything might fall in place. It might have, but it didn't.

Pressing the tractor's "lift" control caused the whole heavy thing to lift in the air and skew sideways, the spear hit the inside of my knee and the weight of the assembly jammed me against the tractor. I was discomforted. I couldn't reach the lever to lower the device and free my leg. Discomfort quickly became pain. At a loss, I hastily composed an email summarising my position on a matter of importance, sent it, and closed my eyes.

Perhaps disappointingly, I didn't find myself being licked by eternal flames, but by a large dog of my acquaintance. Energising myself by screaming obscenities, I lunged upward and grabbed the lift control, the machine fell away and I dropped to the ground, glad that I have an automatic car and full of empathy for that guy who sawed a limb off to escape from under a fallen tree.

I'm not good in the country, me.
Bloody hell. You OK?? Been to Emerge etc?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Bloody hell. You OK?? Been to Emerge etc?
I've decided to self-medicate. If the Fuller's doesn't do the trick I'll take it in tomorrow. I can report that, after one pint, it still hurts.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:09 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

well not very dramatic compared to some thankfully - Get well soon DBD..., but I seem to be a tad forgetful whilst decorating..all separate times / places
  • I forgot the tin was at the foot of the step ladder, stepped in it & well you know, kicked it everywhere.
  • I forgot where the tray was & stepped in that, then managed to forget my trainer was coated & left the covered room on to hall carpet
    I forgot I had backed into a wet wall & got a wet paint bum, then sat on bed cover
    ...................now I get someone in
  • walking into lamp posts is not uncommon - I'm polite, I always apologise
  • pouring boiling water into a narrow hot water bottle neck is not recommended when you are shaking with cold, straight over the hand was painful!

oh, and the last one, thinking I would be happy with Thomas Cook for the 9hrs each way to Vancouver & back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.