Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:27 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

I do loads of dumb things - every day - pretty much. But the best most stupid thing ever was when I was living with my friend in Drum.

Long story short the toilet cistern broke nearly in two (works xmas party much alcohol involved) and instead of being sensible and buying a new toilet, we decided to stick it back together with silicone sealant.

It actually held for the remainder of the time we were there and when the landlord was doing his final check when we left, we both stood in front of the toilet when the bathroom was being given the once over
Looking back now It's funny as hell - but really??? What were we thinking

I still remember the moment when we came up with the silicone idea and how very awesome we thought it was Good times

heres a sample of our handiwork

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1327820615

Last edited by mandymoochops; Jul 8th 2010 at 7:37 am. Reason: Added link to pic
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:58 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I do loads of dumb things - every day - pretty much. But the best most stupid thing ever was when I was living with my friend in Drum.

Long story short the toilet cistern broke nearly in two (works xmas party much alcohol involved) and instead of being sensible and buying a new toilet, we decided to stick it back together with silicone sealant.

It actually held for the remainder of the time we were there and when the landlord was doing his final check when we left, we both stood in front of the toilet when the bathroom was being given the once over
Looking back now It's funny as hell - but really??? What were we thinking

I still remember the moment when we came up with the silicone idea and how very awesome we thought it was Good times

heres a sample of our handiwork

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1327820615
So many to mention. Probably moving from a permananet post to a temporary contract which ends right in the middle of a recession..........
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:26 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

You think that out of all the stupid things that I have done that I can select one as the stupidest?

Not to mention being stupid enough to post about the stupidest stupid thing on here?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

vauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond reputevauxhallmonterey has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving the hammer on the top step of the ladder, then moving the ladder!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

When I was about 12, a friend and I were playing around on a local farm (sensible yeah?!) and decided to use a cow feeder as a human hamster wheel.

It got a bit out of control as we hurtled down a hill.

She was inside and ended up holding onto one of the bars, and as it got to the top, she fell off and nearly broke her ankle. I (being a genius) decided to get in front of it and try to slow it down, whereupon I got my head squashed between the feeder and the side of a brick barn
Never been right in the head since!

Mandy, I still love your 'forgot to remove the gas nozzle and drove out of the gas station story'!
Attached Thumbnails Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?-round-cow-feeder.gif  

Last edited by Tuppence; Jul 8th 2010 at 12:25 pm. Reason: added picture
Old Jul 8th 2010, 12:25 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Paint roller.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 12:25 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Recently I guess that trying to watch TV in the middle of a blatant power outage might rate quite highly.

My rationale being that the remote control was working so obviously the TV must be as well
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:19 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Started working in retail!!!

Tying to fix that minor problem now.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Driving over a water-ski jump in winter in my Chevvy van!

Err and many other - often alcohol related - mishaps!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:27 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Recently I guess that trying to watch TV in the middle of a blatant power outage might rate quite highly.

My rationale being that the remote control was working so obviously the TV must be as well
Thinking, "I'll have a nice cup of tea then." To see out the power outage.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:34 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
You think that out of all the stupid things that I have done that I can select one as the stupidest?
Going out for a walk and trying to deliberately induce an angina attack to prove to myself the was in fact something wrong with my heart.

Sticking my toe (inside shoe) into fresh lava would rank right up there too.

As Fled said there's way too many to mention, but that's two.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My husband jacked my car up to take a look underneath. He had his fingers through the gap in the alloy wheel. I decided to give the wheel a bit of a spin. Ouch!!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:39 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My husband jacked my car up to take a look underneath. He had his fingers through the gap in the alloy wheel. I decided to give the wheel a bit of a spin. Ouch!!
No.... that's not a good idea
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Mine would have to be cycling along at about 20mph (it was in the uk), seeing a pot hole in the road and hitting the front brake instead of the rear, which of course catapulted me face first in to the road. As I felt the rear wheel raising up in to the air I thought a cycle helmet would come in handy right about now!

I had a fat lip, good graze down one side of my cheek and damaged a couple of teeth which i then had to pay for root canal and veneers on. I think the helmet would have been cheaper, although to be fair as it was my face that took the hit not sure a helmet would have helped.

It could have been a lot worse. I think I was lucky really. Although it was very sore for a while.

I now always wear a cycle helmet!!!
Attached Thumbnails Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done?-img_0198.jpg  
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:01 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Two incidents with cousins spring to mind.....

1) Being persuaded that learning to waterski in saltwater crocodile breeding habitat would provide good incentive not to fall off the skis.

2) Agreeing to be towed at 30mph behind a waterski boat with a mask/snorkel on so we could catch up and take photos of a manta ray. Watching barrier reef fly by a foot or two under my stomach was both exhilarating, and on reflection a tad dumb.

Also, having unshakable belief that I could emulate Juha Kankkunen in my mother's Austin Allegro on various Cotswold roads during my late teens caused a number of erm anxious moments. I apologize unreservedly if you ever met me airborne over a brow in the road near Snowshill, and for the damage I did to a local football pitch while practicing the Scandinavian flick around midnight, with the lights out.

Last edited by R I C H; Jul 8th 2010 at 4:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.