Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Whats peed you off today?

Whats peed you off today?

Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:19 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats peed you off today?

Just before heading off to bed i'm channel flicking and catch up on Souvs favourite channel HGTV, theres a couple looking for a place in Florida and the realtor takes them into the master bathroom.

He says "and in here you have two double sinks"

NO YOU DON'T you are in a bathroom with a double sink or you are in a bathroom with two sinks. There are not f****g 4 sinks in this room, so you cannot possibly have two double sinks. (there weren't 4 sinks either just 2).

So its just petty, but that pissed me off today - oh and the fact that for the squillionth time my air card didn't get any service so I had to connect to dial up which was being a pain so I hit the computer.

Edited to add when buyers are being shown around these houses I detest the phrases "neutral tones" and "blank canvass" and people who say oooh this room would be perfect for an office who blatantly don't work from home

SO WHAT YOU MEAN TO SAY IS THIS SPACE WOULD BE GOOD TO PUT THE COMPUTER AND OTHER TECHY STUFF IN, DON'T TRY AND MAKE YOURSELF SOUND IMPORTANT!

Wow I should go and lie down!

Last edited by mandymoochops; Oct 14th 2009 at 6:23 am. Reason: thought of other things that pissed me off today!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:37 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats peed you off today?

Would a double sink be the same as a double bed? It's really one sink/bed only double the size of a "normal" one?

So if that's correct, a 2 double sink comment could well be correct in the same way as hotel rooms can have 2 double beds
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:39 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Would a double sink be the same as a double bed? It's really one sink/bed only double the size of a "normal" one?

So if that's correct, a 2 double sink comment could well be correct in the same way as hotel rooms can have 2 double beds
oh

didn't think of that

They didn't look that big though

sh1t
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:46 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
oh

didn't think of that

They didn't look that big though

sh1t
Only a guess mind you so i could well be wrong and the realtor could indeed be a dickhead
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:51 am
Beep

Anyway, what pee'd me off?

My brother-in-law and his young lady friend came from Vancouver to stay in London with us for a few weeks. Their departing gift in return for free room, food, use of a car, free petrol, and a fridge stocked with booze?

A ruddy horrible cold and a sore throat..............
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

What's peed me off? Finding out that Mandymoochops has a fellah!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:41 am
Beep

Originally Posted by MartianTom
What's peed me off? Finding out that Mandymoochops is a fellah!
She is!?!?!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

MartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud ofMartianTom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by el_richo
She is!?!?!
Haven't you noticed the deep voice, then?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

SNOWDUDE is an unknown quantity at this point

He says "and in here you have two double sinks"

NO YOU DON'T you are in a bathroom with a double sink or you are in a bathroom with two sinks. There are not f****g 4 sinks in this room, so you cannot possibly have two double sinks. (there weren't 4 sinks either just 2).

You and he have both "peed" me off because bathrooms have basins not sinks!!!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

The snow, the fact that my OH has been in Florida since Saturday, where they have been getting record highs for October. Skidding at the traffic lights, which was scarey- I never thought I should put my winter tyres on in Oct.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto, snow.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:51 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Shovelling the drive at 6am this morning as the snow was still coming down. Then realising that this is only October. We still have November, December, January, February and March to go. And, seeing as this is Calgary, 'shovel season' will probably include April and May too.

Then, cheering up when I realised it also meant that I wouldn't have to cut the bloody grass for 8 months! Hooray!!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - snow. Not the fact that it is snowing itself, but that it is mid October. And the last snow fell on 6th June - the first snow fell 3rd October - that's not even 4 clear months. However J - I hear you on the mowing

Also - the word "Awesome" - or to be correct, " Awwwwwwwesome". But whilst listening to Radio 1 on my Sirius yesterday, some poor, very mistaken, British woman used the word "awesome-ness". Aggggghhhhhhhh
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Spritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud ofSpritzer has much to be proud of

Off to the supermarket -(well yesterday), and scraped the wall of the car park right along the side of the car. There was an awful scraping noise - all heads turned to look.

Steamed around the aisles so bloody mad at the stupid design of the entrance and got to the checkout.

Well I HAD to let them know didn't I? Ranted on for a bit to a blank young face at the till who eventually replied..."Have a nice day!'

PS - turns out it was only black rubber, which did rub off the car - phew!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:15 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Not being one of the idle rich.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.