Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What's the latest book you've read??

What's the latest book you've read??

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all
Default Re: What's the latest book you've read??

Razzle.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 6:33 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Now on "Mortality" by C Hitchens. It's a thin book so will be a quick read.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Just finished 'The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest', last of the 3 by Stieg Larsson. Couldnt put them down.
Now on to Inspector Banks Investigates - collection of 3 Peter Robinson novels in one.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

'Defending Jacob' by William Landay
Old Apr 4th 2013, 2:46 am
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Consider the Lobster by David Foster Wallace. It's a compilation of essays and magazine pieces.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 10:55 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmabell
Just finished 'The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest', last of the 3 by Stieg Larsson. Couldnt put them down.
Now on to Inspector Banks Investigates - collection of 3 Peter Robinson novels in one.
I love Peter Robinson's books.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Almost finished A Clockwork Orange. The version that is as it was written. Not the American one with the last chapter missing.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:14 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't read many books of late..last one i think was called 'The Forgotten Soldier' semi biographical tale of a German soldier on the eastern front from 1943 -1945.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:42 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rwin
Almost finished A Clockwork Orange. The version that is as it was written. Not the American one with the last chapter missing.
Hope it's better than the film, which was more than a bit grim. According to WP American versions since 1986 have been able to include the final Chapter (21).
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Hope it's better than the film, which was more than a bit grim. According to WP American versions since 1986 have been able to include the final Chapter (21).
I'm interested in watching the film once I'm done to compare.

The violence in the book is mentioned of course but its not all that graphic in my opinion. I'm curious what the movie does with it.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Irisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant futureIrisheye has a brilliant future

Dont tell mom i work on the rigs she thinks i am a piano play in a whorehouse by paul carter great read
Old Apr 4th 2013, 9:30 pm
me/moi

Originally Posted by rwin
I'm interested in watching the film once I'm done to compare.

The violence in the book is mentioned of course but its not all that graphic in my opinion. I'm curious what the movie does with it.
I didn't like it (the film violence) but then I am a pacifist! I do recall the film being very 70's in the worst possible way (bad fashion, primitive production, poor colour) but it would be an interesting comparison to make.

Irvine Walsh also explores some gratuitous violence in "Ecstasy".
Old Apr 5th 2013, 2:38 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

I finally finished reading almost 1200 pages of Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
Old Apr 5th 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

CFSC handbook
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:23 pm

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scootb
CFSC handbook
Me too, funnily enough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.