Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What will you spend on your child’s birthday party?

What will you spend on your child’s birthday party?

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute
Default What will you spend on your child’s birthday party?

My daughter went to her friend’s 10th birthday party on Friday night. First of all, all the girls have been picked up in a stretch white limo at their houses (22 girls) :scared: , then they all went for a ride in the limo through the city. After that the limo dropped them off at the Holiday Inn Hotel where they had supper in the hotel restaurant and stayed over in the hotel…all the 22 girls. Saturday morning they all have a huge Brunch at the hotel. When the girls were ready to been picked up, the birthday girl gave them each a loot bag present from Claire’s, in the bag were lots of nice girlie stuff, value at $35 (the items still have prices on, I hope it was accidentally left on…..)that's $770 on the loot bag only. :scared:
That party must have cost a fortune for the parents; my daughter’s 10th party was pizza & movie at our house for the night.

:scared:
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What will you spend on your child’s birthday party?

Originally Posted by Mizz Teapot
My daughter went to her friend’s 10th birthday party on Friday night. First of all, all the girls have been picked up in a stretch white limo at their houses (22 girls) :scared: , then they all went for a ride in the limo through the city. After that the limo dropped them off at the Holiday Inn Hotel where they had supper in the hotel restaurant and stayed over in the hotel…all the 22 girls. Saturday morning they all have a huge Brunch at the hotel. When the girls were ready to been picked up, the birthday girl gave them each a loot bag present from Claire’s, in the bag were lots of nice girlie stuff, value at $35 (the items still have prices on, I hope it was accidentally left on…..)that's $770 on the loot bag only. :scared:
That party must have cost a fortune for the parents; my daughter’s 10th party was pizza & movie at our house for the night.

:scared:
It appears some people obviously have more money than sense.

The pizza and a movie sounds much more reasonable to me.

Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: What will you spend on your child’s birthday party?

[QUOTE=Mizz Teapot]My daughter went to her friend’s 10th birthday party on Friday night. First of all, all the girls have been picked up in a stretch white limo at their houses (22 girls) :scared: , then they all went for a ride in the limo through the city. After that the limo dropped them off at the Holiday Inn Hotel where they had supper in the hotel restaurant and stayed over in the hotel…all the 22 girls. Saturday morning they all have a huge Brunch at the hotel. When the girls were ready to been picked up, the birthday girl gave them each a loot bag present from Claire’s, in the bag were lots of nice girlie stuff, value at $35 (the items still have prices on, I hope it was accidentally left on…..)that's $770 on the loot bag only. :scared:

My god - the extent parents will go to to please their kids.

First $600.00 for rolling stones tickets and now this. :scared: We must be incredibly cheap buggers let me tell you.

Pizza and a movie sound perfects to me. Very much the same for my kids. My kids are 3 and 5 and both birthdays are in February. They love to skate and swim so we will either take a manageable group to either of these activities, then back to the house for a barbeque, pizza, movie or whatever. Later its down to the beach to work off some of the sugar....I would never spend that kind of money - if my kids want a bloody limo, they can pay for it themselves!

Last edited by willmore; Oct 22nd 2006 at 4:09 pm.