What a relief!

Old Sep 20th 2006, 4:01 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a relief!

The last two days have been horrendous. Yesterday when out driving my husband exhibited all the signs of having a heart attack. Pain in chest, colour drained from face, shirt absolutely soaked through with perspiration, he even lost consciousness for a few minutes. thank god he wasnt driving! Rushed to the hospital to find it is like a building site, the signs not that good directing you to A & E so I grabbed a docs empty parking space and ran into A & E reception, and when I explained where he was all they said was you will have to drive up to the front of A & E!! The only way I could see of getting there was by driving up the no entry lane, so I did. Two ambulance attendants were just coming out of the hospital and I jumped out of the car and grabbed them, they had him in the hospital in five minutes.

As we are no spring chickens I always keep the good old recommended aspirin in my handbag, but totally failed to give it to him what a failure I was.
Well after many blood tests, ECG's and overnight in the hospital they are still not sure whether he had a heart attack although he exhibited all the classic symptoms, but they have sent him home now and he will go back to see the consultant soon and do the old treadmill test.

We suddenly saw all our hopes and plans go down the pan, how can we possibly sell up and go if he has heart trouble. We are looking at it positively though and hope that the further tests he will be given will show negative for a heart attack, so keep your fingers crossed for us please.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 4:07 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a relief!

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
The last two days have been horrendous. Yesterday when out driving my husband exhibited all the signs of having a heart attack. Pain in chest, colour drained from face, shirt absolutely soaked through with perspiration, he even lost consciousness for a few minutes. thank god he wasnt driving! Rushed to the hospital to find it is like a building site, the signs not that good directing you to A & E so I grabbed a docs empty parking space and ran into A & E reception, and when I explained where he was all they said was you will have to drive up to the front of A & E!! The only way I could see of getting there was by driving up the no entry lane, so I did. Two ambulance attendants were just coming out of the hospital and I jumped out of the car and grabbed them, they had him in the hospital in five minutes.

As we are no spring chickens I always keep the good old recommended aspirin in my handbag, but totally failed to give it to him what a failure I was.
Well after many blood tests, ECG's and overnight in the hospital they are still not sure whether he had a heart attack although he exhibited all the classic symptoms, but they have sent him home now and he will go back to see the consultant soon and do the old treadmill test.

We suddenly saw all our hopes and plans go down the pan, how can we possibly sell up and go if he has heart trouble. We are looking at it positively though and hope that the further tests he will be given will show negative for a heart attack, so keep your fingers crossed for us please.

OMG sorry to hear that Hope hubbie is ok and all test come back fine.

You are not a failure, it's just that sometimes we don't always think as clear as we normally would under circumstances of this nature.

Raine
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:03 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope your husband is alright.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:07 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

The fact that they sent him home should be a good sign. Also if they couldn't tell from the blood tests that also should be a good sign.

Any time I end up in emergency with angina I end up staying four or five days and they say they can tell if I have had a heart attack by one of the blood tests, apparently if you have there are some kind of enzymes in the blood that they can see and if not no enzymes.

All the best for his upcoming treadmill test and with any further testing they do.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

The last two days have been horrendous. Yesterday when out driving my husband exhibited all the signs of having a heart attack.
Oh you poor girl - it's horrible isn't it? Bloody terrifying. You DID NOT fail, you did the best you knew how to do in a crisis, don't beat yourself up! He's ok, and that's what matters.

My poor hubby WAS having a heart attack and I told him to stop moaning..lol We laugh at it now, but I felt SOOOO bad (still do really).

My excuse is he had nothing like typical symptoms. He always has to be different from the 'norm'. Silly arse!

Best wishes to you both - keep us posted!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:18 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your words of encouragement and best wishes. The fact his last blood test showed no sign of the heart attack type enzyme change was a good sign as you say but you kind of worry because they dont know what it was. They were convinced he had had a heart attack but the tests couldnt confirm it, so lets hope the further tests throw nothing untowards up and we will just have to say it was one of those unexplained things and thank our lucky stars.

The thought that he may have had a heart attack has certainly knocked the stuffing out of him but hopefully when we both recover from lack of sleep we can think about it more positively and I hope he will now stop getting wound up over all the trivial things in life and just relax and get on and enjoy life.

We are turning in now, thank you all again it helps just putting things in writing. Bev