Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What music/who do you listen to?

What music/who do you listen to?

Old Sep 24th 2010, 9:28 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What music/who do you listen to?

Originally Posted by John_B
I bought this album back in 2003 (I think) on the strength of this track alone. I heard it on the radio and liked it straight away, and went out and bought the album.

It doesn't happen very often, but every now and then you get hooked on a record on first play, and this was one of them for me.

Great record.
I did that with The Holloways when they played Generator on the radio - saw them a few times in Uk before we hoofed it over here!

Did the same with Mika - yup I know v much an aquired tase!!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Stiff Little Fingers - Suspect Device

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYoNYuUVk0
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:54 am
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Stiff Little Fingers are the most underrated band of their generation..
Old Sep 25th 2010, 4:16 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Joe_Sleepy
Stiff Little Fingers are the most underrated band of their generation..
Quite agree. I listened to these when I was at school. Tin Soldiers was another great one of theirs. This a video of them from 2004. A bit older, but the energy and attitude is still there.

Who needs Green Day?

Old Sep 25th 2010, 4:49 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

John_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to beholdJohn_B is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I did that with The Holloways when they played Generator on the radio - saw them a few times in Uk before we hoofed it over here!

Did the same with Mika - yup I know v much an aquired tase!!
I did that with Belle and Sebastian too. I heard them on the Mark Radcliffe show back in 96, then went out and bought everything they'd released. I've been a big fan since, and they are coming to Canada in October. I have tickets to see them at Massey Hall. I'm pretty excited about that.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 5:01 pm
The Pixies still Rule.

One of my all time favourite bands are the Charlatans. I've seen them dozens of times over the years, but not since I left England. I was supposed to see them last year in Toronto, but they canceled. They were supposed to play again last week, but the Drummer (Jon Brookes) collapsed on stage in Philadelphia, so they canceled again. They've just announced that he's undergoing treatment for a brain tumor. That's a real shame.

For all the Charlatans fans amongst us.

Get well soon Jon.

Last edited by John_B; Sep 25th 2010 at 5:07 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 7:31 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

or if you prefer to be up with the kids

Last edited by jimmydean; Sep 25th 2010 at 7:40 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone likes Dubstep or Drum and Bass (or beat boxing), you might like this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioYs...eature=related
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Calgal
If anyone likes Dubstep or Drum and Bass (or beat boxing), you might like this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bioYs...eature=related
I like him. Cool. Added to my Favorites.