Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What makes you feel old?

Wikiposts

What makes you feel old?

Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes you feel old?

Originally Posted by dazzlerdaz
I`m glad i only have a son and when its time for him to date he will be the same gentleman that his father was/is
Better fill him in on what some dads have in mind for him.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:15 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Well if he did try anything untoward, she would just talk him into submission...I honestly dont know how #1 offspring finds time to stop and draw breath.
Maybe he'll like a chatterbox,....i'm not helping am i?
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

but back in the day if a lad fancied you or vice versa - you'd get one of your mates to go up to him / her and say "so and so wants to go out with you" the response if yes was then obviously the sign that you two were an item forever and had to walk to school together and everything

Then after 2 weeks said same friend would pass on the bad news that "so and so doesn't want to go out with you anymore"
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rwin
Better fill him in on what some dads have in mind for him.
We all got away with it when we were kids
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:16 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
but back in the day if a lad fancied you or vice versa - you'd get one of your mates to go up to him / her and say "so and so wants to go out with you" the response if yes was then obviously the sign that you two were an item forever and had to walk to school together and everything

Then after 2 weeks said same friend would pass on the bad news that "so and so doesn't want to go out with you anymore"

Or in Belfastian....Your Dropped
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:18 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Maybe he'll like a chatterbox,....i'm not helping am i?
As long as Im not left with a chattery 30something spinster daughter at home
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:19 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Or in Belfastian....Your Dropped
oh yeah or "your chucked" hehehehehehe
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:19 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
oh yeah or "your chucked" hehehehehehe
hear that often?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:20 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

As long as Im not left with a chattery 30something spinster daughter at home
thats a good point, you will quickly move from not wanting them to leave your sight, to asking them when they are moving out.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:23 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by livermanl
hear that often?
more than i'd have liked tbh
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, my daughters wont be dating for fifteen, twenty..thirty years if I have my way!
Exactly what my OH used to say as our daughter was growing up. "She's not going out with anyone 'til she's at least 45" lol

She was recently dumped by her first serious boyfriend of one year (she'll be 17 in a couple of months!)
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:36 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Calgal
Exactly what my OH used to say as our daughter was growing up. "She's not going out with anyone 'til she's at least 45" lol

She was recently dumped by her first serious boyfriend of one year (she'll be 17 in a couple of months!)
awwwwww and at that age its everything - this person is your world!!!!

Funnily enough I was chatting to my first true love (also from around 15 to 17) on facebook reminiscing and so on - and way back then I was certain he "chucked" me (I remember being distrught ) but he remembers it the other way round. Funny how that is hey
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:57 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

lol, i think it's hilarious that the blokes are worried about their daughters

Just remember how much like a gentleman you all acted when you were 16/17/18 and you should have no problems
When you have a son you only have one penis to worry about.
When you have a daughter you have every f*****g penis in town to worry about.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:03 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
When you have a son you only have one penis to worry about.
When you have a daughter you have every f*****g penis in town to worry about.

Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:12 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
i;m 49, and dont feel old,,just well used and abused, i remember wearing a condom so the gal didnt get pregnant not coz i was affraid of getting aids mandys Wham, was our bay city rollers, which was another generations beetles...

Did you used to wear the Tartan trousers

Deep Purple, Cream & Led Zeplin for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.