Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

What is the definition of an internet troll?

What is the definition of an internet troll?

Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:19 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the definition of an internet troll?

mmmm apparently now you don't even have to post anything in the body of your message to kick off the discussion just a random smiley face - interesting concept I wonder if it will catch on
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
mmmm apparently now you don't even have to post anything in the body of your message to kick off the discussion just a random smiley face - interesting concept I wonder if it will catch on

Obviously I was too subtle and you did not get it
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:25 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pammy
Obviously I was too subtle and you did not get it

No I just think you are on a different level to everytone else
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
I confess that I have, from time to time, slightly distorted or exaggerated my opinions in order to provoke a reaction. I don't suppose anyone guessed that.
Exaggereted - yes. Distorted - are you going to give an example? It's your like of DB2 as a RDBMS isn't it? Is it all a lie?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:36 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

No I just think you are on a different level to everytone else
and me and moochops are on some v random levels!!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion (courtesy of WIKI obviously)

Am I alone in thinking that there may be some kind of dark force acting in stealth mode, one who doesn't quite fit into the criteria above but whom no less provokes the response

Controversial-Depends on ones point of view

Inflammatory-as above

Irrelevant-To what?

Off-Topic-only 1 allowed?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:14 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
and me and moochops are on random levels of valium and prosac!!
Really?

I Knew I asked my Dr for the wrong thing. Now how many of this little blue pills do I take at once

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; Mar 24th 2009 at 8:29 am.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=triumphguy;7411914]Everyone needs a can of this:
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...roll_spray.jpg

Can you make me a can of droll spray please
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Purley
I don't say things just to annoy people. I just disagree with things that people say - sometimes. If what I say annoys people, then its too bad. I am not going to say things I don't believe. I thought a troll said things that they did not believe - just to stir things up.
Well Said
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=triumphguy;7413904]Your right Purley: a troll isn't someone you merely disagree with, and who keeps posting their "wrong" opinions on the net, it's someone who deliberately incites others, and who just riles up the members.

Yes, I have seen a few of these on here, not something I normally resort to but others seem to get away with it so..............
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pammy;7415199]
Originally Posted by triumphguy
Everyone needs a can of this:
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...roll_spray.jpg

Can you make me a can of droll spray please
Here ya go!

Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:50 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Really?

I Knew I asked my Dr for the wrong thing. Now how many of this little blue pills do I take at once
depends if the day ends in a Y or not Butch
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=triumphguy;7415278]
Originally Posted by Pammy

Thank-you, I have a feeling I may need it

At least I know I am not on your list
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:53 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
depends if the day ends in a Y or not Butch
I thought the Y only mattered if I was checking chromosones
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:58 am
half a century

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I thought the Y only mattered if I was checking chromosones
cross dressing?? doors to manual ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.