6.67%
Traditional Working Class
6.67%
Precariat
1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

What class are you? ;)

Old Apr 6th 2013, 3:26 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What class are you? ;)

Originally Posted by MillieF
This is a bloody odd survey, I much preferred Woolsties take on it. Surely there should have been some kind of age question too, some bright spark who is staying a home to take care of a couple of kids, due to horrific child care costs is going to do worse than some old fart who has built up a fair bit of equity in housing over the years, but is hardly reflective of future potential. I wouldn't say it's got anything to do with 'class' whatever that might be. In the close of ten houses where I now live, we have four professors, three teachers one MD and a paediatrician and archivist...and us! Where I moved from I doubt they could have collectively counted to twenty without removal of socks.
In the quiz they are defining "class" as the social demographic people are in at the time of doing the quiz. There's nothing about this being fixed.

I think they've gone a bit north american myself, what with saying class is dictated by money and friends rather than your personal outlook. Money can't by class.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 6:39 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I’m shocked with the results. I always thought, with a few exceptions, that the majority of people who emigrate to somewhere like Canada would be the uneducated and lower class type.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 7:01 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I’m shocked with the results. I always thought, with a few exceptions, that the majority of people who emigrate to somewhere like Canada would be the uneducated and lower class type.
Well, we are, but when we get to Canada, we become posh, innit?

Look at Anthea Turner. Common little strumpet back home, Lady Lah-di-Dah on dining etiquette here.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 7:18 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I ran it a few different ways and it's all about money.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 7:41 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Look at Anthea Turner. Common little strumpet back home, Lady Lah-di-Dah on dining etiquette here.
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. I never knew that!
Old Apr 6th 2013, 7:43 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Is that true? Bloody hell.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 7:49 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. I never knew that!
Originally Posted by Alan2005

From the Food Network site:

"Style and etiquette expert Anthea Turner is one of Great Britain’s best-known TV presenters. ... Renowned for her unbeatable charm and humour, Anthea now presides over DINNER PARTY WARS where she calls out all the dining ‘do’s and don’ts’ while judging the outrageous behaviour she spies around the table.

Most recently, Turner made a huge television splash on BBC3 in Anthea Turner: Perfect Housewife, where as the 'lady of the manor' and with a healthy dose of tough love, she taught disorganized men and women how to clean and run their houses. "
Old Apr 6th 2013, 7:51 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Apparently "making it big in Canada" was her reasoning why her husband bagged around on her.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:15 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Keep in mind that the 5 minute survey is more of a PR exercise for the full 20 minute survey. I tried that one too but it didn't give out a set result (other than a "coat of arms"). It went into more detail like what your home looks like, where you shop, what you read, etc.. Agree, however, that money and work tend to predominate, which is probably because that is how they have chosen to measure class. Not a very useful analysis at the end of the day.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
I thought the job titles were weird and quite old-fashioned. Do secretaries even exist any more?
Mine does (or did the last time I checked), that's 'cos I'm elite like.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Mine does (or did the last time I checked), that's 'cos I'm elite like.
Surely novo I thought there would be a class higher than elite for you
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:33 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You'd think there should be, shouldn't you? Top 6%? Well really. Tut tut.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 3:03 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You'd think there should be, shouldn't you? Top 6%? Well really. Tut tut.
There has to be...you and me in the same class, who'd have thought?

Aint life grand.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 4:11 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Steve_P
There has to be...you and me in the same class, who'd have thought?

Aint life grand.
Were you the scrawny kid in the front row that we all shot rice at through blowpipes made of biros?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 4:17 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Were you the scrawny kid in the front row that we all shot rice at through blowpipes made of biros?
If you mean the scrawny little kid then yes that was me. So that was you was it, I've still got the mental scars from that episode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.