Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

'whale killed trainer' - so easy to think of as tame

'whale killed trainer' - so easy to think of as tame

Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:27 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'whale killed trainer' - so easy to think of as tame

Originally Posted by Pammy
You didn't see that exhibition advertised with the real human bodies with peeled back skin and peeled off stuff so you can see inside?

Its disgusting, they look for volunteers to have it done but they reckon they were just taking homeless people off the streets or from those buses in China where they were killing people
By the way - who are "they" Burke and Hare?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:28 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Cripes I forgot about her, I remember the Duckworths(apt)had 3 flying ones on their wall too!

I love ducks, they are so cute, my cat killed a whole load of ducklings one sunday, I managed to rescue one he was still playing with, I have to take it all the way to the city to the rescue place, it was so cute, it just sat on my knee quacking the whole way
aw.............
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dollface
No, I must have missed that one they looked for volunteers? not corpses then?.
Well apparently you have to volunteer before you are dead!

It was disgusting, I didn't go, think it was just for weirdos and serial killers
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:30 pm

Well apparently you have to volunteer before you are dead!

It was disgusting, I didn't go, think it was just for weirdos and serial killers
might have been interesting, seriously to see the inner workings of the human body etc
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

By the way - who are "they" Burke and Hare?

FREAKY, YES, MY CAT IS CALLED BURKE, we had a Hare too but she ran away, I have a replacement called Sid Vicious...he is retarded...the other cat catches stuff for him like his mom would
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:33 pm

FREAKY, YES, MY CAT IS CALLED BURKE, we had a Hare too but she ran away, I have a replacement called Sid Vicious...he is retarded...the other cat catches stuff for him like his mom would
The Hare cat sounds like she was smart! Sid's obviously a bully you now need a Nancy!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Hare cat sounds like she was smart! Sid's obviously a bully you now need a Nancy!
Hare came from the hutterites, I think they train them to go back home!, we lost Burke for 3months and when he came back he was so skittish and would not come near us for a whole year, I hate to think what happened to him, he is only now good with strangers and that was over 2 years ago now, I know 1 of my neighbours hates cats, if I ever find out....
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:36 pm

Hare came from the hutterites, I think they train them to go back home!, we lost Burke for 3months and when he came back he was so skittish and would not come near us for a whole year, I hate to think what happened to him, he is only now good with strangers and that was over 2 years ago now, I know 1 of my neighbours hates cats, if I ever find out....
Poor wee soul glad he's better............
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have another cat now, someone dumped it on my kennel doorstep, its really nice, beautiful colour and blue eyes, vet says its only about a year old, some people are real shi*theads, what if I had been on hols at the time, poor thing, not sure what I am going to do with him, its hard to re-home cats, he can stay with me for now in the kennels, he has the run of the place, he is so cuddly
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:41 pm

I have another cat now, someone dumped it on my kennel doorstep, its really nice, beautiful colour and blue eyes, vet says its only about a year old, some people are real shi*theads, what if I had been on hols at the time, poor thing, not sure what I am going to do with him, its hard to re-home cats, he can stay with me for now in the kennels, he has the run of the place, he is so cuddly
aw, keep him, he needs you.............
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
The dog has evolved (most likely from wolves) to be used and bred as a domesticated "pet" but its still genetically a wild animal. The only difference between a dog and a wild cat in this context is that a dog accepts man as a leader. Does the latter make it more acceptable to "cage" it that an animal which does not accept man as a leader?
The easiest example to use to show the difficulty with the position adopted by Dollface is that of horses. I suspect that most horses kept by humans in Canada could be returned to the wild without difficulty at all. Eating grass is not particularly difficult and would not take them too long to discover if feed was not provided to them.

Horses are not naturally ridden by any other animals in the wild, nor are the naturally attached to items to provide transport to other animals.

I think what Dollface is really saying is that: "So long as I agree with the reasons why humans keep animals, then doing so is OK. If I don't, then it isn't"

I have no particular opinion one way or the other, but the vehemence with which she stated that keeping animals "caged" was odious, led me to believe that she would feel the same about all caged" animals.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The easiest example to use to show the difficulty with the position adopted by Dollface is that of horses. I suspect that most horses kept by humans in Canada could be returned to the wild without difficulty at all. Eating grass is not particularly difficult and would not take them too long to discover if feed was not provided to them.

Horses are not naturally ridden by any other animals in the wild, nor are the naturally attached to items to provide transport to other animals.

I think what Dollface is really saying is that: "So long as I agree with the reasons why humans keep animals, then doing so is OK. If I don't, then it isn't"

I have no particular opinion one way or the other, but the vehemence with which she stated that keeping animals "caged" was odious, led me to believe that she would feel the same about all caged" animals.
As stated over and over it was my personal opinion, to which I am entitled. I do not consider dogs to be "caged" animals. I do not ride horses and have no issue with them being wild and free.

I do not deviate from my original stance regarding animals etc "I" consider to be wild and removed from their natural habitat.

For someone who does not care either way, you seem to be making a meal of it all are you not?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:01 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Someone offered me a stuffed pheasant yesterday(for free), I have a duck collection(not stuffed)just carved, they seemed to think I would like it
You used to enjoy your caged wild animal (hamster), maybe they assumed you were open minded about all things wild?
Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

What about minature horses?

Fodder for coyotes?

Debating this subject is really a nightmare, to me there is no right or wrong, its just the way the world is evolving, I love animals but I still eat them, I have dogs, cats, horses and a bird......I was going to say something intelligent there but I lost it
Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:17 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

As stated over and over it was my personal opinion, to which I am entitled. I do not consider dogs to be "caged" animals. I do not ride horses and have no issue with them being wild and free.

I do not deviate from my original stance regarding animals etc "I" consider to be wild and removed from their natural habitat.

For someone who does not care either way, you seem to be making a meal of it all are you not?
And that's the crux of it all. On one side, people see the "caging" and/or ownership by humans of "wild animals" such as big cats, bears, crocodile, monkey, etc etc, as disgusting and wrong.

On the other side these same people can see the "caging" and/or ownership of "wild" animals such as small cats, dogs, horses, hamsters, fish, birds, etc etc, as perfectly acceptable.

Other than the ability for a human to control and/or be seen as a leader with some of my examples, fundamentally, what is the difference? Is the only issue with the former, above, the conditions in which the animal is kept? Or is it that a wild animal should remain wild?

Also, is it right for a person to "own" another animal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.