Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

This week I have mostly been listening to.....

This week I have mostly been listening to.....

Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:03 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking This week I have mostly been listening to.....

Me....feet up on chair with nice malt whiskey contentedly listening to a very loud Primal Scream - assorted but mainly Screamadelica, Vanishing Point and Riot City Blues. Future Sound of London, Aphex Twin, Blue States, Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight.

Hmmm...strokes chin...funky sounds.

You..... ?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:34 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This week I have mostly been listening to.....

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Me....feet up on chair with nice malt whiskey contentedly listening to a very loud Primal Scream - assorted but mainly Screamadelica, Vanishing Point and Riot City Blues. Future Sound of London, Aphex Twin, Blue States, Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight.

You..... ?
I'm guzzling no-name brand sparkling spring water... having just put together a cheapo IKEA chest of drawers and vacuuming the bedroom floor with a handheld Dirt Devil ( what was I thinking? ). I'm listening to Internal Dialogue (my own, that's not a band but it should be). I've also been listening to Elvis, Aretha Franklin and The Ink Spots.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 7:28 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I've also been listening to Elvis, Aretha Franklin and The Ink Spots.
But they were just in your head.........Right
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:19 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Currently I can be seen nightly (and sometimes morningly and afternoonly) strutting my funky stuff to Prince (bot only Rasperry Beret), The Killers, Scissor Sisters, Collective Soul, Hinder, Bobby Darin and all manner of random rock and dance from many of the eras
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

On the radio the songs in hourly rotation are by: The Killers, BNL, October something, Tragically Hip and Nickelback. When the latter comes on we rush to turn it off muttering about being trapped in the seventies; key to the Playboy mansion, good God. The Hip cause us to mutter about the awfulness of the lyrics but not to get up. BNL are controversial, I think "you can obfuscate and manipulate but it's only at your expense" is a clumsy lyric in a clumsy song, her over there thinks BNL are forgiveable as the best of the CanCon.

On CD I've been listening to the usual, Roland Alphonso, Desmond Dekker, Millie and Hank Williams. She's been playing Tori Amos and Jude. In the pub it's been the Scottish fella and a band from Halifax so I've heard Farewell to Nova Scotia a month's worth of times this week.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:39 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and the thread about the poster willingly going to live in Vaughan caused me to play the Talking Heads' Big Country.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Tiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rich_007

You..... ?
Whilst doing the laundry (boring) I have been listening to Radio Leicester, my home station, on the computer and the other day I was listening to Radio Two and very briefly Radio One. I'm not homesick yet, but like hearing about whats going on, the traffic news is quite funny now, especially when your not in it.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:47 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

In among the usual eclectic selection I stumbled on this

Who knew a Sax could sound like that, a real eye opener for me...not that I listen to a lot of classical, but a change of scene from time to time does no harm. Hard to believe its just one soloist at times.

Other than that, theres bits of old jazz (charlie parker, coltrane etc), a couple of guardian unlimited podcasts, and bunch of everything from the Cowboy Junkies through Genesis to U2 and the Barenaked Ladies on my MP3 player. Just proves that if your alternative is endless "mix radio", anything is better!

Last edited by iaink; Oct 25th 2006 at 3:49 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:49 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been listening to Chet Atkins "Sails" as well as Chet Atkins and Les Paul "Masters of the Guitar".

While sitting in front of the computer working on some of the pictures taken on our recent Vancouver Island holiday.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 4:45 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

This week in the car I have been mostly listening to Jesus Jones and James. Clearly its a 'J' kinda week. Mrs AX being a Newfoundlander is addicted to 'Oirish/Celtic' songs about dead fisherman, resettlement, outmigration, the windswept ocean/hills/valleys/bogs etc etc. Next month she is going to see Johny McAvoy despite being 30 years too young. Fortunately I will be back in Blighty that week so am spared the horror.