Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Wedding entertainment for kids?

Wedding entertainment for kids?

Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough
Default Wedding entertainment for kids?

We have 9 children coming to our wedding, 7 of which are girls aged 7 - 12 and we all know what kids are like when they get bored!!!

We want to hire some entertainment for the kids for after the Wedding Breakfast to keep them emused in the two hour lull.

Anyone have any idea's ???

I dont think, clowns or bouncy castles will cut it for this lot, they all think they are in their 20's!!!
Old Mar 28th 2010, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wedding entertainment for kids?

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
We have 9 children coming to our wedding, 7 of which are girls aged 7 - 12 and we all know what kids are like when they get bored!!!

We want to hire some entertainment for the kids for after the Wedding Breakfast to keep them emused in the two hour lull.

I dont think, clowns or bouncy castles will cut it for this lot, they all think they are in their 20's!!!
Just give them some boys to lust after then.

Or failing that a real magician, not a kids one. We went to a do the other week where they had hired a magician and he was great, liked by all ages.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Bumping this back up as it fell off the front page
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:34 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Bumping this back up as it fell off the front page
Why?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Why?
Why bumping or why fell?

Bumping as I thought they might get more replies if it was on the front page and I felt sorry for them for being nudged off.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:37 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Sliding across the floor in tiny tuxedos seems to be popular just before the fat Auntie gets up to dance.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:44 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Why bumping or why fell?

Bumping as I thought they might get more replies if it was on the front page and I felt sorry for them for being nudged off.
Really? I felt sorry for them for posting such drivel.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 2:00 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a separate room that has a telly and a DVD player? Or you could bring a small telly and a DVD player with you. If you rent four or five films, that'll keep them happy for hours while you all party down.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

mrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to allmrsr0binson is a name known to all

Hi Sonja -

What about a U-Sing competition\Mario Kart tournament? Like Oink said; take a TV and DVD player or\and a games console. Instant entertainment; and way cheaper than an entertainer.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:24 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

A Wedding Breakfast? What time are you getting married?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Easy, hire a make up artist, the girls will love it....the boys may too

Just have a ton of games and a Xbox 360, that will keep the boys going all day
Old Apr 1st 2010, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

thefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to allthefinneys is a name known to all

My in-laws were having their 60th birthday party and wanted some entertainment for the kids in the early evening before the disco started. I must admit that I initially thought it a waste of money as when we were kids we just had to sit quietly and behave etc...however they got a Mad Scientist party in and it was great! I think they did an hours party and gave goody bags to the kids, all the chilren loved it and were from 3 right up to 15.

Check out their link;
http://www.madscience.org/

Melanie
Old Apr 1st 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

snoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud ofsnoopster has much to be proud of

How about bubbles? A friend had little pots of bubble mix on each table. The kids loved it and it looked very pretty too.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 11:44 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Just give them a room they can all hang out in without the grown ups!!!! Believe me they'll be grateful for the time they can just have fun until the boring part of sitting down and being good begins
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

I have face painted at weddings before. Find someone who can make balloons aswell and they'll be well entertained for a couple of hours, even the older ones, trust me!