British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   BE Wedding..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/wedding-543955/)

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 2:51 am

BE Wedding.....

Yes, we have a BE bride to be on the Forum, Ladies and Gentlemen.....I give you.....Saskia65 and her husband to be Ian.....ta da:thumbsup:(fireworks)

Elaine B. Jun 19th 2008 3:04 am

Re: BE Wedding.....

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 6482635)
Yes, we have a BE bride to be on the Forum, Ladies and Gentlemen.....I give you.....Saskia65 and her husband to be Ian.....ta da:thumbsup:(fireworks)

Wow exciting news:eek: More details please?? Saskia where are you?

Congratulations:thumbsup:

(this better not be a joke!!)

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Elaine B. (Post 6482681)
Wow exciting news:eek: More details please?? Saskia where are you?

Congratulations:thumbsup:

She's on the Susan thread,....just hijacked it tho'

She should be here soon....

mandymoochops Jun 19th 2008 3:14 am

ooooh ooooooh can I get a new hat can I can I can I :eek:

Congrats by the way :D

Coffeepot Jun 19th 2008 3:45 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 6482714)
ooooh ooooooh can I get a new hat can I can I can I :eek:

Congrats by the way :D

OMG now i see why she wanted to borrow my wedding dress :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wub:

awwwwwwww can we lot be your maids of honor ?ok not so much honor but maids anyway hahaha

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 3:51 am

Hello peeps.....where's the bride to be??

Cassie 10000 Jun 19th 2008 3:54 am

Congratulations :thumbsup:

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000 (Post 6482813)
Congratulations :thumbsup:

Hello love...Still not sign of Sas....:)

Judy in Calgary Jun 19th 2008 4:00 am

Congratulations, Saskia and Ian. :wub:
x

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 4:20 am

Thank you, very kind. :wub::o

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 4:23 am

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6482918)

drum roll.....mr and mrs B.E Sas&Ian

sans Jun 19th 2008 4:28 am

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6482918)

ER ........Its just dawned on me, me hat will get ruined in the packing and i will have to buy a new one :blink: ;)

mandymoochops Jun 19th 2008 4:41 am

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh no you are in England - can we do a live link on BE to the nuptuals (obviously stopping after the reception :o:rofl:)

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 4:43 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 6483001)
aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh no you are in England - can we do a live link on BE to the nuptuals (obviously stopping after the reception :o:rofl:)

i'd second that.....no need for the after hours Sas and Ian show:rofl:

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 4:46 am

Right, details appear to be required...in readiness for hat purchasing....:rofl:

I met my intended in the Carribean a couple of weeks before I was due treatment for a tumor. He's an English lawyer working for an English firm over there. To cut a long story short, he proposed, romantically, on MSN (!) last night....and we're meeting up in New York tomorrow where we're both working for a few days....
Then we're off to BC in July for a reccie....practicalities are a nightmare, but WTF!

Not sure of a date or venue (the world's our oyster) yet, but it's a 'when', not an 'if'!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Yey!

Here comes the bride.....eek that's me!
Best change my outfit.....perhaps he's doing a 'Pretty Woman' and taking me away from my life of shame on BE Three Words thread....

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 4:50 am

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6483011)
Right, details appear to be required...in readiness for hat purchasing....:rofl:

I met my intended in the Carribean a couple of weeks before I was due treatment for a tumor. He's an English lawyer working for an English firm over there. To cut a long story short, he proposed, romantically, on MSN (!) last night....and we're meeting up in New York tomorrow where we're both working for a few days....
Then we're off to BC in July for a reccie....practicalities are a nightmare, but WTF!

Not sure of a date or venue (the world's our oyster) yet, but it's a 'when', not an 'if'!

Yey!

Best change my outfit.....perhaps he's doing a 'Pretty Woman' and taking me away from my life of shame on BE Three Words thread....

NOOOO to the last bit.....:(

purple80 Jun 19th 2008 4:52 am

Holy crapola.......
Congratulations Saskia and Ian.....

How exciting, who's invited???

Does he do family law at all??? :rofl:

Charlie xx

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 4:53 am

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 6483026)
NOOOO to the last bit.....:(

I don't think so. He knows I'm an incorrigable flirt....but harmless.;)

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 4:54 am

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6483039)

yeah.....:thumbsup:

Souvenir Jun 19th 2008 4:54 am

To cut a long story short, he proposed, romantically, on MSN (!) last night....

Errrm, how long ago did you meet this guy?

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 4:56 am

Originally Posted by purple80 (Post 6483035)
Holy crapola.......
Congratulations Saskia and Ian.....

How exciting, who's invited???

Does he do family law at all??? :rofl:

Charlie xx

Perhaps we could webcam it live onto BE? Like Charles and Di? Maybe not.
We haven't planned anything yet, so all that fun to come.
No, he's a corporate lawyer...and no mention of a pre-nup! :thumbsup:

Coffeepot Jun 19th 2008 4:56 am

Yey!

Saski and Ian all the best, have a great flight to NY and go easy on him Sas the man has to walk down the isle ;)

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6483039)

What about the road trip :rofl:

kazbob Jun 19th 2008 4:58 am

Sas, that is brilliant news. Are you going to be stopping by at Tiffanys to pick out your ring? :D

Chuffed to bits for you me dear.

Karen

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 4:59 am

Originally Posted by Coffeepot (Post 6483054)
Saski and Ian all the best, have a great flight to NY and go easy on him Sas the man has to walk down the isle ;)

What about the road trip :rofl:

Road trip is still on...defo.

Advice on NY, noted.

mandymoochops Jun 19th 2008 5:00 am

HOW EXCITING :eek::thumbsup:

(Why can't I meet up on romantic days out in places like New York:( me and Mr MMC had our first few dates at Leicester Forest East service station - he was a truck driver :o)

NovaGirl Jun 19th 2008 5:02 am

Yey!

Congratualtions to you both, i had no idea you really needed CP dress:p

:thumbsup:

NG xxxxx

nikki dreaming Jun 19th 2008 5:15 am

Many Congrats:thumbsup::thumbsup:

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Souvenir (Post 6483045)
Errrm, how long ago did you meet this guy?

Ah, I was waiting for this.........I knew someone would whatsit on my bonfire!

Actually I would say the same as a bystander.:)

Nope, not known him long. All whirlwind. But he was a rock when I was ill, and always there. We have lots in common and can talk and talk and talk and talk..........and then be really quiet and it doesn't matter. We love the same things, we make each other laugh. He's ALWAYS there no matter what, despite the time difference.

It's all very romantic I know, but we're in our 40's and neither of us is naive or stupid. We both think it's right, so we're going with our hearts - and our guts - that this will see us through to our dotage.

....and if it doesn't, I won't be blaming anyone else....Wedding won't be til later in the year, so that gives us a bit more space to get to know each other too....

Sensible Sas has her eyes wide open.:D But thanks for voicing the concern. ;)

Souvenir Jun 19th 2008 5:34 am

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6483132)

Nope, not known him long. All whirlwind. But he was a rock when I was ill, and always there. We have lots in common and can talk and talk and talk and talk..........and then be really quiet and it doesn't matter. We love the same things, we make each other laugh. He's ALWAYS there no matter what, despite the time difference.

It's all very romantic I know, but we're in our 40's and neither of us is naive or stupid. We both think it's right, so we're going with our hearts - and our guts - that this will see us through to our dotage.

....and if it doesn't, I won't be blaming anyone else....Wedding won't be til later in the year, so that gives us a bit more space to get to know each other too....

I didn't want to rain on your parade at all. It's a cute romantic story and I wish you well.

It's just that.....proposing on MSN....?

Maybe I'm getting old.
<shut up Novo>

Coffeepot Jun 19th 2008 5:37 am

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6483132)

Sas go with your gut reaction i do its never failed me yet,

As you say you are both in your 40s oow i was in my 40s just ;) when i married my other half best thing i ever did :wub: best thing he ever did as well i keep telling him that everyday :rofl:

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Souvenir (Post 6483161)
I didn't want to rain on your parade at all. It's a cute romantic story and I wish you well.

Maybe I'm getting old.
<shut up Novo>

No, you're not. He'd planned to propose tomorrow in New York, but he said it seemed the right time to ask last night. (Cop out?). Whatever, if it's right it's right. I don't care about the how, it's the sentiment.:thumbsup: He's seeing me through to my pension. End of story!

mandymoochops Jun 19th 2008 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Souvenir (Post 6483161)

Maybe I'm getting old.
<shut up Novo>

Aaaaaah - an old romantic - I can imagine your proposal to be all the bells and whistles, which is great.

But for Sas and Ian, he must've wanted to do it when it felt right for him and MSN is modern day romantic!!!!! (as is meeting in NY!)

Sas, me and Mr MMC knew each other 8 weeks before we moved in together, its been hard at times as we had to do the courtship whilst we lived together and he was a truck driver away all week - but we knew it was right - even now when we have our wobbles and he's as unromantic a sever (! bless him) we know we will be together forever :wub:

(I'd settle for a proposal on MSN too!!!!!)

Coffeepot Jun 19th 2008 5:55 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 6483197)
Aaaaaah - an old romantic - I can imagine your proposal to be all the bells and whistles, which is great.

But for Sas and Ian, he must've wanted to do it when it felt right for him and MSN is modern day romantic!!!!! (as is meeting in NY!)

Sas, me and Mr MMC knew each other 8 weeks before we moved in together, its been hard at times as we had to do the courtship whilst we lived together and he was a truck driver away all week - but we knew it was right - even now when we have our wobbles and he's as unromantic a sever (! bless him) we know we will be together forever :wub:

(I'd settle for a proposal on MSN too!!!!!)

You want my dress after sas then MMC maybe red is lucky eh like in China ?

saskia65 Jun 19th 2008 5:58 am

Thanks girls - looks like I'm not the only scarlet woman with a whirlwind romance!
Like my avatar?

Sas xxx

MrsDV Jun 19th 2008 6:01 am

Congratulations Saskia and Ian, hope you have lovely life together. :thumbup:

Tanah Jun 19th 2008 6:03 am

Originally Posted by saskia65 (Post 6483225)
Thanks girls - looks like I'm not the only scarlet woman with a whirlwind romance!
Like my avatar?

Sas xxx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

chuffed to bits for you........ whirlwind romances are great. I think when you get to a certain age ( not mentioning any in particular :P) you just know, after all you've been there and done that, read the book got the t-shirt etc. Not like an 18 yr old wanting ot get married at the drop of a hat coz boyfriend has a great haircut lol

Ha Ha MSN proposal, nothing wrong with that - a proposal is aproposal, if the time is right why the hell not

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 6:11 am

Like my avatar?

Sas xxx

Love the Avatar.....now to look for a dress just like it:thumbsup:.....Flirts'r'us have loads...x

The_Bax Jun 19th 2008 6:11 am

Congratulations Sas.
The tings some people will do to avoid being stalked!:rofl:

FlirtyKnickers Jun 19th 2008 6:13 am

Originally Posted by The_Bax (Post 6483270)
Congratulations Sas.
The tings some people will do to avoid being stalked!:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Judy in Calgary Jun 19th 2008 6:15 am

Like my avatar?

:thumbup:
x