weather forecasts

Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:20 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: weather forecasts

I feel your deep winter misery. I can't help you whatsoever but take solace in the fact your house is a nice colour.

8 degrees here - super sunny - warm on the face - shades on again.

They have been vacuuming snow off the gold courses this week, such is life in Elysia.
I'm sure they will soon be hiring for cabana boys.

Rich.

Last edited by Rich_007; Feb 20th 2007 at 6:25 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Ah yes. My day so far has gone as follows:

Overnight: Sleepless night as the house is shaken by strong winds.
06:30: Wake up. Confirm that the schools are all closed (Mrs AX gets the day off.)
06:40 Receive phone call from my boss advising our facility is closed at least for the morning. Ring around my team and give them the good news.
06:42: Realise that it's darn cold. And that there is nothing happening furnace wise. Utter the first curse of the day.
06:45: Get kitted up in snowpants, hat, goggles, coat etc.
06:50: Open rear door of the garage. Get a mouthful of blowing snow. Wipe goggles clear. Look at side of house where furnace flue is. Take several seconds to try and recognise side of house, covered as it is by a 6ft snowdrift. Utter second curse of the day. Snowfence has made bugger all difference as a low pressure vortex caused by the house has deposited lots of snow.
06:50-07:20 Dig, shovel, curse. Repeat many times. Eventually find flue and dig out. Now have essentially a hole in a 6ft snowbank with me at the bottom of it. Climb out. Go back inside house. Take off snow gear. Defrost goattee.
07:30 Go to furnace in basement. Push magic button, recycle circuit breaker and cross fingers.
07:31 Furnace roars into life. Hallelujah.
07:45 Breakfast. Tea. Contemplate the vista of snow swirling across the garden. Listen to radio. Eastern Newfoundland is closed for the day.
10:00 Decide that I ought to go out and clear the snow as in theory the office might be open after lunch.
10:10 Carving my way through 2-3ft drifts with the snowblower. Bloody hard work. The snow by the way is heavy moist stuff not that nice light fluffy stuff.
10:50 Snowblower stops working. Curse. Investigate.
10:51 Exhaust full mechanical knowledge. Call Snowblower supplier. He opines that the belt is probably buggered. A service tech will be dispatched sometime this afternoon.

And that, my friends has been the story of my day so far. The drive remains 3/4's uncleared. The snow has stopped falling but is still blowing. St. John's and surrounds including my work remains shut. The service tech is due momentarily and I'll get back out there.

Here's a pic from 06:50ish this morning!

AX
what a day for you, but did you see the 4 horsemen at all? any piles of hellish dung?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 2:13 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
what a day for you, but did you see the 4 horsemen at all? any piles of hellish dung?
Well I think it was pestilence who was driving the municpal plow but other than that no horsemen sighted. Got back out into it around 3pmish after the service bloke had changed the knackered belt on the snowblower. Took me until 5:45 to finish clearing the drive. Still some areas left to do but was too cream crackered to carry on.

Still, We're fortunate that we enough land to put all the snow (& it's fairly open so it blows across without drifting too deeply.) The good folks of downtown St John's & the sub divisions have a much harder job. Check out some of the pictures in this gallery! http://www.thetelegram.com/index.cfm...allery&cid=233
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

OnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to allOnlineCB is a name known to all

Well I think it was pestilence who was driving the municpal plow but other than that no horsemen sighted. Got back out into it around 3pmish after the service bloke had changed the knackered belt on the snowblower. Took me until 5:45 to finish clearing the drive. Still some areas left to do but was too cream crackered to carry on.

Still, We're fortunate that we enough land to put all the snow (& it's fairly open so it blows across without drifting too deeply.) The good folks of downtown St John's & the sub divisions have a much harder job. Check out some of the pictures in this gallery! http://www.thetelegram.com/index.cfm...allery&cid=233

Oh my now you've got my DH all excited....he will be looking at the Canadian Tire website with love in his eyes, he can't wait to get his own snowblower. How long do you think it will take before the novelty of that will wear off

My friend sent me a photo yesterday of a Hummer that got stuck in a drift outside her house. What was more shocking than all that snow was a Hummer. The middle of St John's and someone was driving a Hummer. What is that all about?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic pictures.. I hadnt realised that St Johns was so pretty. thanks for sharing