Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

We went whale watching.....some pics.....

We went whale watching.....some pics.....

Old Jul 30th 2008, 6:56 pm
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light
Default We went whale watching.....some pics.....

Just a few pics. It was an amazing afternoon spent with my daughter off the coast of NL.

We were lucky to see an enormous pod, I think we were in the middle of them all when one whale decided it would show off .

Also a mum & young whale came up beside us and when they blew their blowholes they were so close we all got soaked!

Unfortunately the pics aren't all that great, my camera is nothing big and the sea was really choppy, thats asides we loved it, my daughter said it was better than Seaworld .

Old Jul 30th 2008, 6:59 pm

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: We went whale watching.....some pics.....

and some more...........

Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:18 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful!!! Can't believe how close they came!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We went that close in a boat that big. The neatest thing was that the tour people let us bring our dog. The dog was well confused.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:20 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic trip for you. I would love to see whales in their natural habitat
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! You lucky girl - sounds like a trip to remember.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:49 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pics they are great
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:52 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. Out of the two trips we've been on, all we've seen is a bit of hump and the odd fin. Some of the advertising material put out by these companies is a tad "optimistic".
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Great pics & what a lovely experience for you and your daughter.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:15 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the pics!

Me and hubby were out for a walk along the cliffs with the dogs last week and saw the whales from the cliffs, just about 50-100m out to see - an amazing sight when you are out walking the dogs.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:53 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Photo's look amazing....I love Whales..Great memories for you and your daughter
Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:56 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

When can I come and stay and go whale watching? Photo's are absplutely amazing they look like they came very close, a moment your daughter will always remember, dead jealous....

Please, pretty please....Will, clean, cook, babysit, even do the ironing....

Charlie
Old Jul 30th 2008, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by purple80
When can I come and stay and go whale watching? Photo's are absplutely amazing they look like they came very close, a moment your daughter will always remember, dead jealous....

Please, pretty please....Will, clean, cook, babysit, even do the ironing....

Charlie

when are you available
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:14 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

and when you're finished at D15ney's you can come to mine - no babysitting but lots of ironing, hoovering, washing, ironing .................

(and once you're finished all our housework, we'll take you whale watching and then out on george st for some drinks!)
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Your pics look amazing.

We went whale watching off Digby neck last weekend. Didn't get any pics but we were watching a large female humpback and her calf. We were in a small zodiac boat (I thought it looked like a rubber dingy) and the female came right up to the boat and them swam underneath. She was so close that I was surprised she didn't touch the underside of the boat when swimming underneath. I thought that being that close to such a big whale, in a boat a third the size of her, would freak me out but it was amazing.

Apparently there was a blue whale in the area last year. I wonder whether being close to one of them in a small zodiac would freak me out .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.