Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

We thought the current holiday food was a bit odd ...

We thought the current holiday food was a bit odd ...

Old Jan 11th 2014, 3:34 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default We thought the current holiday food was a bit odd ...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariannarebol...cipes?s=mobile
Old Jan 11th 2014, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We thought the current holiday food was a bit odd ...

The steak puddings looked good.

Not sure about the banana penis though.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 5:13 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

The ham/banana thing looks quite tasty

In fact, apart from the tuna jelly, which I'd have to think about, and the banana knob thing I reckon I'd eat pretty much all that stuff and probably enjoy it.

Last edited by Alan2005; Jan 11th 2014 at 5:18 am.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 5:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The reviews of this book on Amazon are amusing.

Old Jan 11th 2014, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Great website.....but have a look at this website I found from the link you sent....

http://www.lileks.com/institute/motel/index.html

This was a futuristic looking motel built in Wisconsin in the late 60's (I think a lot of chemicals were involved) with theme rooms etc. The link I provided is a sarcastic review of the motel with actual descriptions from the brochures of the motel. Unfortunately, the place is no more...you just can't create that kind of kitsch anymore.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 12:17 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Great website.....but have a look at this website I found from the link you sent....

This was a futuristic looking motel built in Wisconsin in the late 60's (I think a lot of chemicals were involved) with theme rooms etc. The link I provided is a sarcastic review of the motel with actual descriptions from the brochures of the motel. Unfortunately, the place is no more...you just can't create that kind of kitsch anymore.
Thank you so much for highlighting that... I think that is quite possibly the best thing that ever existed in North America. I want so much to sit and have a drink at the rotating bar, and I'm sad that I'll never get the chance.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 4:25 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged

Dam that like fab! So "groovy"!