Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Wall's sausages and Way to record English tv?

Wall's sausages and Way to record English tv?

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wall's sausages and Way to record English tv?

Hello. Currently living in Calgary and missing UK tv. I know you can do the VPN website to watch tv live. But is there a way to record UK tv? (London tonight/news etc).

Feeling lucky= anyone know where to get sausages; just like 'Wall's' sausages?

Thanks for any input

Last edited by kate8kate0; Mar 3rd 2017 at 1:29 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:11 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wall's sausages and Way to record English tv?

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Hello. Currently living in Calgary and missing UK tv. I know you can do the VPN website to watch tv live. But is there a way to record UK tv? (London tonight/news etc).

Feeling lucky= anyone know where to get sausages; just like 'Wall's' sausages?

Thanks for any input
With a VPN and iplayer, you don't need to record TV. It acts as a big PVR. You just select the programme you want to watch and off you go. As for Walls' Sausages, aren't they all the same?
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:19 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

I signed up for a Filmon account and record UK tv. I can save 11 hours of recorded tv which is enough for me.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandro
I signed up for a Filmon account and record UK tv. I can save 11 hours of recorded tv which is enough for me.
I will Google that tmrw Thanks!
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
With a VPN and iplayer, you don't need to record TV. It acts as a big PVR. You just select the programme you want to watch and off you go. As for Walls' Sausages, aren't they all the same?
Thanks. Yes walls sausages are usually all the same :-). The cheapest kind of sausage . Probably full of the most crap but do miss them! They're different yes . Won't go into how haha.

Last edited by kate8kate0; Mar 3rd 2017 at 2:34 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Thanks. Yes walls sausages are usually all the same :-). The cheapest kind of sausage . Probably full of the most crap but do miss them! They're different yes . Won't go into how haha.
I spent at least 3 years missing Tesco finest chipolatas. I don't think about it anymore. Eventually all hope is lost. Have a nice day.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

UnoTelly + a Roku 3 (or Roku 2).

Roku 3 players are getting hard to find brand new - you may need to look on Craigslist.

Do not get any of the other Roku players - you need a model that is also sold in the UK, otherwise the software won't work with UK channels.

You will need a decent internet connection though - 25Mbp/s or better. Preferably 50+

As for sausages....Wall's aren't proper!
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

filmon used to allow you to download recorded programmes but stopped it a few months ago. Recording them and playing them back is a pain for me as I put downloaded programmes onto a USB to watch on the TV. I've just bought an android TV box so we'll see if that works with filmon and if so then we're sorted!
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 12:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

With respect to sausages: PC Free From Bangers Pork Sausages | PC.ca are my go-to British Banger type product. Probably a step up from Walls though. Find them at whatever your local variety of Loblaws supermarket is.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 12:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
With respect to sausages: PC Free From Bangers Pork Sausages | PC.ca are my go-to British Banger...
Is that different to British style Bangers or whatever they called them 7 or 8 years ago?
Probably before the days of free from/blue menu labeling.

I was disappointed in those so maybe I should check these out. Not because I want a 'British' sausage but because I sometimes want one that's not honey and garlic or Italian and isn't a sweet breakfast one.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:01 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Is that different to British style Bangers or whatever they called them 7 or 8 years ago?
Probably before the days of free from/blue menu labeling.

I was disappointed in those so maybe I should check these out. Not because I want a 'British' sausage but because I sometimes want one that's not honey and garlic or Italian and isn't a sweet breakfast one.
No idea. They aren't brilliant but they are OK and like you I don't want Italian (Mild or Hot), anything honey, garlic or maple related in my sossies thank you very much.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:13 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

instead, go straight to

Camposat: Free. Live. UK TV.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 1:49 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
instead, go straight to

Camposat: Free. Live. UK TV.
Are FilmOn and Camposat not the same thing anymore then?
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:05 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Are FilmOn and Camposat not the same thing anymore then?
yes, only that camposat is British TV only without having to go through the stupid filmon menus
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 2:20 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
With respect to sausages: PC Free From Bangers Pork Sausages | PC.ca are my go-to British Banger type product. Probably a step up from Walls though. Find them at whatever your local variety of Loblaws supermarket is.
try the Maple Leaf brand pure pork sausage meat, comes in a 500g tube. Cost should be in the $3.99 to $4.99 depending on where you purchase it

Maple Leaf Sausage Meat | Maple Leaf Foods

Keep frozen till you want to cook, then defrost approx 75%, cut slices & fry as you would patties. Skinless sausages.

Or, simply take the cut pieces & roll into small sausage size tubes

Wife makes her twice yearly sausage rolls from this stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.