Visiting the USA

Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice
Default Visiting the USA

HI,

does anyone know what the requirements are for visiting the USA as a British Passport holder with PR status in Canada ?

Thanks

Mumof 2
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting the USA

The PR in Canada bit doesn't make any difference. The British passport makes you eligible for the visa waiver program so you turn up at the border pay $6 and you're in. If you fly the $6 is bundled into the ticket price.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

dbd33

Thanks for the info, get discount on flights as work for airline so dont think $6 would be included so i would just queue up as normal & pay the $6

Would we have to complete one of those green waiver forms - is that what the $6 is ?

Thanks
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:00 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mumof2
dbd33

Thanks for the info, get discount on flights as work for airline so dont think $6 would be included so i would just queue up as normal & pay the $6

Would we have to complete one of those green waiver forms - is that what the $6 is ?

Thanks
If you fly down you don't need to pay the $6, it is paid by the airline where applicable. You fill in an I-94W Visa Waiver form yes. I've done it a couple of times now. The I-94W is valid for 90 days, and you must return it to a border officer on the way out of the country. You may keep it to travel in and out over the period, but it will expire if there is more than 30 days between visits (as I found out at Pearson yesterday morning to my annoyance.)