Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Visiting Princeton, BC

Visiting Princeton, BC

Old Aug 14th 2021, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visiting Princeton, BC

My wife is scheduled to visit Princeton, BC, but she is concerned about Covid, smoke and the wildfire burning east of Manning park.
Can anyone who is in that area, or who has traveled through, shed some light on the above concerns, please?
Old Aug 14th 2021, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting Princeton, BC

I haven't visited Princeton for some years, but this is what I know about what is happening there from media articles ..........

The wild fires are likely to continue until winter rain and snows. All of them are proving hard to put out due to weather conditions, extreme heat, and drought.

Hence smoke might continue to be a problem for much of the time.

If she is vaccinated, then Princeton should be no problem, so far as I know.

Try Googling "wild fires in BC', and "covid cases in Princeton", "covid cases in the Okanagan". The wild fire centres and the Health authorities all produce updates regularly.

Unless she is staying with someone, finding accommodation might be difficult as so many people have been evacuated due to wild fires all over the province.
Old Aug 14th 2021, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
I haven't visited Princeton for some years, but this is what I know about what is happening there from media articles ..........

The wild fires are likely to continue until winter rain and snows. All of them are proving hard to put out due to weather conditions, extreme heat, and drought.

Hence smoke might continue to be a problem for much of the time.

If she is vaccinated, then Princeton should be no problem, so far as I know.

Try Googling "wild fires in BC', and "covid cases in Princeton", "covid cases in the Okanagan". The wild fire centres and the Health authorities all produce updates regularly.

Unless she is staying with someone, finding accommodation might be difficult as so many people have been evacuated due to wild fires all over the province.
Thanks for the reply Scilly, but I was hoping for someone 'on the ground' so to speak.
The BC wildfire interactive map shows the nearest fire as out of control, but not spreading.
Old Aug 14th 2021, 10:08 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I just replayed yesterday's cam and the smoke is pretty thick.
https://images.drivebc.ca/bchighwayc...l/www/246.html
Old Aug 14th 2021, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Supposed to rain on Monday and Tuesday so hopefully that will clear things up with the smoke, depending on when she is going.

I know there have been more covid cases in the interior of the province so that may be a concern.

Highly recommend checking out Thomasina’s when she goes, really nice cafe. Last time I was there they even have welsh cakes!