Vision care costs?

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vision care costs?

Originally Posted by jimf
It seems for contact lenses you need a session where they "fit" the lenses and give you a trial pair. What are reasonable fitting fees? Anyone been to Costco for this and how did they do?
I went to Costco to get my first set of contact lenses and since I didn't have a prescription, I had to have an eye exam there which was $65 , the fitting of the lenses took 1 hour and was free.
I decided that I couldn't handle contact lenses after that session .
I did buy glasses/spectacles from them though, which are multi-focal and frameless and anti-glare and they cost me $430 incl. tax . My colleagues said I looked like Sarah Palin now ... so maybe I should have bought different ones
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:31 am
Banned

walker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura about

I would check with the province that you live.
My SIL kids wear glasses and she doesnt pay for eye exams

In alberta all children under the age of 18yrs get free eye tests, not sure for anywhere else.
But she pays for the glasses, which her policy covers
I know that there is only three places here that do the free eye tests, but its worth looking at

Walker
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
When ordering from clearly contacts do they ask to see a copy of your precription ?
Nope. I just entered the prescription value for each eye.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that got my eye on a pair of oakleys -pardon the pun
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walker65
In alberta all children under the age of 18yrs get free eye tests, not sure for anywhere else.
Originally Posted by ann m
As a "by the way", children's eye tests are covered by Alberta Health until they are 19 apparently - so that is one bit that is free.
Are you sure about that? We were charged $20 each for our two recently. Was we robbed?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:49 pm
Banned

walker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura aboutwalker65 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Are you sure about that? We were charged $20 each for our two recently. Was we robbed?
I just booked my four in and was advised there was no charge.
My SIL has lived here for a few years and i go via what she tells me

I will ask her where she got the information and send it to you

Walker
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

You was robbed mate!

Took my youngest to Iris a couple of months ago, fully expecting to be charged - but was told that kids are covered/free. Fine by me.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 9:52 am
Just Joined

onlyme1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We use zennioptical.com, very happy with them. I bought my first pair last year, cost me $30 for frame, lenses and clip on sunshades.

My husband just got his first pair from them. They were very helpful in sorting out the frame. Due to his prescription he could not choice any frame, they e-mailed back making suggestion on what would work best, his cost a bit more due to lens type.

I am thinking about getting another pair from them, nothing wrong with the once I got but for the price I may as well have a few pairs, maybe one for every day of the week.

Unfortunately they don't do contact lenses.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Just another recommendation for clearlycontacts.ca

Ordered my lenses and they arrived by Fedex (no charge) within a couple of days. Free pair of sunglasses included in the box.

Easy to deal with and after using the discount code that was easily googled, I paid about $215 for a 6 month supply, where I used to pay over $260 in the opticians in NS.
Most US online contact lens stores beat the prices of clearlycontacts.ca.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Robbed.

BUt they probabaly flogged you some top-up scan , not covered by ALberta Health.............in which case $20 may have been a bargain, cos I payed $50!!!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:51 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
My dad is bigger than your dad...
Old Sep 26th 2010, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
Including postage and import duty? I'd be interested in comparing prices if you have any links.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimf
Including postage and import duty? I'd be interested in comparing prices if you have any links.
There was no duty tax and with free shipping I paid $137 for 8 boxes of Acuvue Advance 2 wk disposals (1yr). I ordered from here. There are many other sites. Just google it and it'll bring up the list.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:56 am
BEER Enthusiast

Bleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond reputeBleepedy Bloops has a reputation beyond repute

Just got my new pair of Martin und Martins in last week, If I didn't have insurance I wouldn't have even considered them...after all was said and done they came in at 5 bills....Jesus what's wrong with me.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:38 am
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleepedy Bloops
....Jesus what's wrong with me.
I have absolutely no idea what "Martin und Martin"s are but I'm guessing (as you felt the need to mention them by name) self image issues & inferiority complex... Do I win $5.?...

Just "Googled" them & now see they are the company that supply Dollarama with off the shelf reading glasses...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.