Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Vancouver Whitecaps for 2011

Vancouver Whitecaps for 2011

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:43 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vancouver Whitecaps for 2011

I know a bunch of you are in Vancouver, so I am wondering if there is much interest in the Vancouver expat world, with the Whitecaps team entering MLS next year? Anyone getting season tickets?

I live in Seattle and I am looking forward to PNW/Cascadia rvalry with Vancouver-Seattle-Portland all in MLS.

(here and not Locker room as it is Canada/Vancouver specific)
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 9:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver Whitecaps for 2011

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I know a bunch of you are in Vancouver, so I am wondering if there is much interest in the Vancouver expat world, with the Whitecaps team entering MLS next year? Anyone getting season tickets?

I live in Seattle and I am looking forward to PNW/Cascadia rvalry with Vancouver-Seattle-Portland all in MLS.

(here and not Locker room as it is Canada/Vancouver specific)
No. I don't want to watch pub league quality football in Canada.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:15 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
No. I don't want to watch pub league quality football in Canada.
My mate plays for them. He spent a year over in the UK to "make it" and ended up playing for Wolves 2nd team when they were in the Championship division.

I think he was a little disheartened at how crap he was

Still, he gets a free 1 bed apartment during the season and has to teach off season to top up his wages. Poor bastard.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 10:31 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
My mate plays for them. He spent a year over in the UK to "make it" and ended up playing for Wolves 2nd team when they were in the Championship division.

I think he was a little disheartened at how crap he was

Still, he gets a free 1 bed apartment during the season and has to teach off season to top up his wages. Poor bastard.
He was with the old team ? Is he hoping to be signed by the new team? (I think Jay DeMerit is the only player they have on their books at the moment) Its a bit shoking how little some MLS players get paid (never mind USL players), its more part-time for fringe players, the money goes in the owners pockets, its not like they could not afford more. One entity system holds things back.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:50 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

He was with the old team ? Is he hoping to be signed by the new team? (I think Jay DeMerit is the only player they have on their books at the moment) Its a bit shoking how little some MLS players get paid (never mind USL players), its more part-time for fringe players, the money goes in the owners pockets, its not like they could not afford more. One entity system holds things back.
Oops, too much vino. It was Walsall he played for in the UK during his year out.

Not sure he's re-signing cos he's getting old (34). Will probably remain a full time teacher now that he's just got married and needs the dough.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:26 am
He/him

Originally Posted by el_richo
Oops, too much vino. It was Walsall he played for in the UK during his year out.

Not sure he's re-signing cos he's getting old (34). Will probably remain a full time teacher now that he's just got married and needs the dough.
that be Geordie Lyall then, a pity he will miss out on the chance of MLS, but its probably not much of a step up after Walsall, if the truth be told.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 4:30 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like there'll be a few of us getting Season tickets.

Gives me an excuse to escape the trouble every other Saturday.

ps- And TFC are my MLS team.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 4:38 pm
He/him

Its looking like the first game of Vancouvers season will be home to Seattle in March, but a limit of 600 tickets for the visitors. So I will have to buy one as soon as they go on sale (and renew my passport for the trip North)
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:17 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Its looking like the first game of Vancouvers season will be home to Seattle in March, but a limit of 600 tickets for the visitors. So I will have to buy one as soon as they go on sale (and renew my passport for the trip North)
I wonder if during the game they'll sing, "you'll never make the border"

or, "you're going to get your ****ing passport stamped"?