Reload this Page >

From Vancouver to Calgary!

From Vancouver to Calgary!

Old May 24th 2008, 3:37 am
Just Joined

shark princess is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From Vancouver to Calgary!

Hello everyone

After waiting 3 years for our PR visas, 5 months ago we left West Sussex for Vancouver. However due to having difficulty finding work in Vancouver we have just moved to Calgary!

We really need some advice as we don't know anyone in Calgary or know the area (we have however read the area guides in the Wiki section, which were a great help). We are looking to rent a furnished 2 bedroom apt (for about 6 months) - our requirements are somewhere fairly easy for my husband to get to work downtown and also as we have two children, aged 4 and 2 - a priority for us is to be within a short distance from pre-schools / community centres.

It would be great if anyone could help to pin point a good area for us to live or knows of anything available as we are currently staying in a hotel.

Thanks for your help - I would love to hear from you.

Christina
Old May 24th 2008, 5:23 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: From Vancouver to Calgary!

Hi

this may help -- http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Renting-Canada
Also try getting the local paper and contacting a realator in the area
Good luck

Gill
Old May 24th 2008, 5:32 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Helen Parnell, who is a member of this forum and who lives in Cochrane, may be able to help you.

You can contact her through Stagecoach Property Management. I think most of the properties that she handles are in Cochrane, but I believe she handles a few properties in Calgary as well.

Another person who may be able to help you is Julie Parry. Like Helen, Julie is a British expat, and she posts on the forum under the name of Wallace. Like Helen, she is a real estate salesperson. Like Helen, she lives in a town outside of Calgary, in this case Okotoks.

I'm guessing both of these ladies can help you and, if they can't, they probably can put you in touch with someone who can.
x
Old May 24th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

WE moved to Calgary in end Nov, with our 3 yr old and 5 yr old. We live in far NW and really like it. Its all fairly convienient. I think your best bet is rentfaster.ca or homerent.ca. Kiji Calgary can also be quite good and craig's list. However you may struggle to find two bedroom condos that will take kids. There are however some 3 bed town house or in Tuscany two bed townhouses.

Preschools can be tricky to get spaces at, all those jobs in Calgary mean lots of people with young children . there are spaces, but you need to do your homework.

BEst wishes

Gryph
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

shark princess is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

THANKS very much - we found a great apartment downtown (next to Science World) on one of the web sites recommended, rentfaster.ca, brilliant! Sorry Judy I didn't even get the chance to try your contacts but thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the delay in replying, we just got connected to the internet.

We have enjoyed our first week and a half in Calgary and look forward to exploring the area to find a permanent address once our lease is up in 6 months.

Thanks again

Christina