Vaccine/Measles etc

Old Feb 19th 2015, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vaccine/Measles etc

I've always taken the official advice at face value and had the children vaccinated. Those that don't seem to be the type that might find David Ike credible. Does it make any sense not to get vaccinated?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 2:06 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vaccine/Measles etc

Originally Posted by jimf
I've always taken the official advice at face value and had the children vaccinated. Those that don't seem to be the type that might find David Ike credible. Does it make any sense not to get vaccinated?
Smart-ass answer: only if you know everybody else is (Group interest versus self-interest study).

Appropriate answer: the responsible thing to do is to ensure you and your kids are vaccinated in order to protect those members of society who cannot benefit from vaccination, such as immune-compromised people and young infants.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 4:19 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimf
No.

(Unless there's a life threatening allergy to an ingredient.)
Old Feb 19th 2015, 10:37 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with bats. unless the child has an inability to accept the vaccine, then you should vaccinate your kids, not only to keep them safe, but also others. That's the part I think some of these people seem to forget. It's not just about YOU, or YOUR children, it's about protecting OTHERS as well.

How would you feel if your lack of vaccinating your kid resulted in a death of someone else's child by your inaction? By that time it's a little too late to thing "oh, maybe I should have had my kid vaccinated".
Old Feb 19th 2015, 11:48 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

In my honest opinion

I support those that choose to not get vaccinated

The Darwin effect is strong, it will help cleanse the gene pool,

…and if those that choose to opt out of vaccination would also choose to opt out on medical support for the diseases when they kick in, they would then free resources for others..

Again IMHO homeopathy is a medical advance especially in light of the public’s distaste of eugenics

Rather than the elite weed out the infirm and stupid, let the stupid weed themselves out
Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:04 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
In my honest opinion

I support those that choose to not get vaccinated

The Darwin effect is strong, it will help cleanse the gene pool,

…and if those that choose to opt out of vaccination would also choose to opt out on medical support for the diseases when they kick in, they would then free resources for others..

Again IMHO homeopathy is a medical advance especially in light of the public’s distaste of eugenics

Rather than the elite weed out the infirm and stupid, let the stupid weed themselves out
Really? How old are you? We're you vaccinated against measles, mumps, and rubella? The combined vaccine has only been around since the late 80s and separate vaccines the early 70s I think.

It's not just about protection children but also about protection the elderly and not so elderly.

Also those unvaccinated children didn't make that choice so why should they suffer for their parents crazy views?
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:06 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Given the current outbreaks of Measles in Toronto and the fact I work with children, I went to my local doctor for some advice given that I'm fairly sure the MMR wasn't available when I was a child.

Taking into account the fact that I suspect a large minority of our parents are tree hugging anti vaccine morons, I decided to go ahead and get an MMR booster (along with a blood test in 5 weeks time to see if I need another)

Doing the right thing.

As far as vaccines go, we are victims of our own success. we've forgotten how deadly these diseases were when they were rife in the population.

My father is a survivor of one of these terrible diseases, just barely at the time.

I still stand by my opinion of "informed consent", anyone choosing not to vaccinate should be invited to watch a child with diphtheria suffocate slowly in front of them or live with the permanent disabilities caused by polio.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:07 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
....those unvaccinated children didn't make that choice so why should they suffer for their parents crazy views?
Just like those raised religious.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:39 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Really? How old are you? We're you vaccinated against measles, mumps, and rubella? The combined vaccine has only been around since the late 80s and separate vaccines the early 70s I think.

It's not just about protection children but also about protection the elderly and not so elderly.

Also those unvaccinated children didn't make that choice so why should they suffer for their parents crazy views?
I'm in my 50's

and yes I've had the vaccines and the boosters too, plus many others as I grew up a military brat and have been vaccinated for many other tropical diseases..
The elderly can still get vaccinated, as far as I’m aware there is no upper age limit ( I accept I may be wrong and can see that could be an issue)
As to children with stupid parents.. at best we can prosecute for negligence in the event of an untimely death, but also accept that they risk carrying the stupid gene too, and maybe a little spring cleaning isn’t always a bad thing
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:51 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
I'm in my 50's

The elderly can still get vaccinated, as far as I’m aware there is no upper age limit ( I accept I may be wrong and can see that could be an issue)
:
you are assuming that the unvaccinated will survive childhood long enough to get the vaccines as an adult.

Many children didn't.

We' have forgotten the simple facts that as close as a generation ago , children died in there early years from what are now entirely preventable diseases.

It's good that children don't die.

It's bad that we have forgotten that they used to
Old Feb 19th 2015, 3:59 pm
Part Time Poster

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
you are assuming that the unvaccinated will survive childhood long enough to get the vaccines as an adult.

Many children didn't.

We' have forgotten the simple facts that as close as a generation ago , children died in there early years from what are now entirely preventable diseases.

It's good that children don't die.

It's bad that we have forgotten that they used to
I haven't forgotten....

I know how deadly they are.. hence cleaning the gene pool... Darwin effect etc

So to be really cruel and clear !!!!
many tell us how over populated we are... here's a solution... provided by the stupid for the stupid and (sadly) a few innocents carrying the genes of the stupid
Old Feb 19th 2015, 4:09 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

No, there is no good reason not to vax. Time to name and shame non-vaxers imo.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 4:24 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I would be very interested to learn how big the intersection is between ant-vaxing parents who don't give a stuff that their children are potentially compromising the health of all their schoolfriends, and the allergy-obsessed parents who so vocally demand that nobody be allowed to open a jar of peanut butter within half a mile of their precious darling. I know at least one parent who is in both categories, and simply doesn't understand the hypocrisy and double-standards of her position.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:02 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
I would be very interested to learn how big the intersection is between ant-vaxing parents who don't give a stuff that their children are potentially compromising the health of all their schoolfriends, and the allergy-obsessed parents who so vocally demand that nobody be allowed to open a jar of peanut butter within half a mile of their precious darling. I know at least one parent who is in both categories, and simply doesn't understand the hypocrisy and double-standards of her position.
oh, don't get me started on the allergy nuts

(allergy nuts. get it. nuts. get it)
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:25 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

The Top 6 Reasons Why Parents Are Choosing Not To Vaccinate Their Kids | Collective-Evolution

A friend of mine who is very anti vaccine has just posted this article onto facebook. Its supposedly unbiased, I had a quick glance over it, I didnt find what I was reading un biased. Its a bit like the whole fracking debate team A says yeah, no problem and team B says we are all gonna die as the earth splits into 2 and there will be no safe water left on earth.

For what it's worth I vaccinated my child. Those who choose not to vaccinate should be prepared for their children to be declined after school care/activities and maybe even school.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.