Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

US Police shoot man selling CDs

US Police shoot man selling CDs

Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:14 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default US Police shoot man selling CDs

This one is crazy nuts, he was held down to the ground and shot at point blank range WTF

Protests as Louisiana police shoot and kill black man selling CDs on Baton Rouge street
Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:23 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Police shoot man selling CDs

Originally Posted by magnumpi
This one is crazy nuts, he was held down to the ground and shot at point blank range WTF

Protests as Louisiana police shoot and kill black man selling CDs on Baton Rouge street
They even felt that they were beyond the law by confiscating the CCTV footage- thankfully they were videoed. Even low for their standards
Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:28 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

'what a tragedy', just saw the clip on TV

This sort of thing would never happen in Canada, or would it?
Old Jul 6th 2016, 10:33 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
'what a tragedy', just saw the clip on TV

This sort of thing would never happen in Canada, or would it?
Not here no, he would have to be last one off a tram to get shot here.

Honestly tho if you look at the video on the link it's much clearer, and 100% murder.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if this latest of incidents of this type might influence the Black Lives Matter movement.
Old Jul 6th 2016, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I wonder if this latest of incidents of this type might influence the Black Lives Matter movement.
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...psb9d56e7c.gif
They are doing just that in the US
Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Linotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond reputeLinotype has a reputation beyond repute

WARNING: THIS IS A VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO:

Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Linotype
WARNING: THIS IS A VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO:

https://youtu.be/K_jwC06LCdM
OMG the gun some one shouted he had was in his pocket. And they was holding him down to shoot him, this is the sickest thing I seen cops do to date !!
Old Jul 7th 2016, 9:49 am

Last night US cops shot another black guy after a routine stop for a broken tail light. Video was streamed by the passenger !!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-on-facebook/

The US cops really don't like black people do they !!

Last edited by magnumpi; Jul 7th 2016 at 10:06 am.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I see our 'armchair prosecution/jury/judge' already have convicted. Innocent or guilty, let's wait and see? Personally I don't know, and prefer to wait until ALL relevant evidence is known....I think it's something to do with the presumption of innocence till PROVEN otherwise....
Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by macadian
I see our 'armchair prosecution/jury/judge' already have convicted. Innocent or guilty, let's wait and see? Personally I don't know, and prefer to wait until ALL relevant evidence is known....I think it's something to do with the presumption of innocence till PROVEN otherwise....
I think both of the videos show that the cops are the ones who are "Judge Jury and executioners" and presume no one is innocent
Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macadian
How about the presumption of innocence for the man lying on the ground being shot while being held down by 2 cops?

How about the presumption of innocence for a guy with a broken taillight who is obeying the cop's (who's holding a gun with his finger on the trigger aimed at him) order to get his license and registration? How about the presumption of innocence for the passenger of that car who, along with her child, just watched her boyfriend be shot to death? I guess putting her on her knees so they can handcuff her and throw her in the back seat of the police car gives her that, huh?

What ever happened to the rights of civilians to go about their daily lives without the fear of being shot to death by over zealous police?
Old Jul 7th 2016, 12:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think both of the videos show that the cops are the ones who are "Judge Jury and executioners" and presume no one is innocent
Both of those videos are deeply disturbing. That poor man lying on the ground dying while one cop gets up and walks away swearing and the other pulls his hands back away from him like he's got something contagious. Neither of them tries to help that man as he reaches up, obviously distressed. Nobody comforts him in his last few seconds. That disturbs me. And yes, I will judge the two men who held him down and shot him to death for selling CDs in a parking lot.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 3:47 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
How about the presumption of innocence for the man lying on the ground being shot while being held down by 2 cops?

How about the presumption of innocence for a guy with a broken taillight who is obeying the cop's (who's holding a gun with his finger on the trigger aimed at him) order to get his license and registration? How about the presumption of innocence for the passenger of that car who, along with her child, just watched her boyfriend be shot to death? I guess putting her on her knees so they can handcuff her and throw her in the back seat of the police car gives her that, huh?

What ever happened to the rights of civilians to go about their daily lives without the fear of being shot to death by over zealous police?
+100

How can this continually happen in the USA.
Old Jul 7th 2016, 4:26 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Last night US cops shot another black guy after a routine stop for a broken tail light...
I heard that on CBC radio last night and I thought passenger in the car? That's not what was on the video posted here. Surely not twice in 24 hours...then they said something like three every day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.