Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Unspeakable things....

Unspeakable things....

Old May 14th 2017, 11:57 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unspeakable things....

Pet owners
Life is a bit quiet on here at the moment so let's lower the tone Having owned golden retrievers for more years than I care to remember, there have been a number of times when they have done unspeakably bad things, wrecking stuff, producing waste clearly concocted in hell from both ends, eating all sorts of foul things and doing other seriously bad stuff- have any of your pets done likewise or is it just our misfortune?

I need to see where the bar is set before admitting to what Stinky and his predecessors used to get up to. Equally what amazing and good things have they done which have warmed your heart and surprised you?
Old May 15th 2017, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unspeakable things....

Our dog destroyed our week old 50 inch super swanky TV when he was four months old, we were watching Underworld and he wandered into the room just as one of the werewolves jumped out at one of the main characters.

Pup, being young and stoopid roared and leapt to my "defence" - straight into the TV and proceeded to annihilate it with claws and teeth. I was amazed he didn't get an electric shock, and didn't hurt himself but he was his usual smug self and couldn't understand why my husband was angry with him when he had so fearlessly and instantly protected me

Fortunately we had insurance on it, but it was a bugger trying to get them to believe what had happened!
Old May 15th 2017, 12:07 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

A whippet ate my knobs. We were gone no more than five minutes before returning to no cruise control, single speed wipers and a grittily contoured radio volume control.

He has also eaten the controls in a rented van, by some miracle they didn't inspect it, and most of the couch on which I sit. Oh, and he tunneled through the drywall to get out of a hotel room when he was inside, we were outside, and the lock failed so we couldn't open the door.

Whippets are nervous dogs.
Old May 15th 2017, 12:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Delilah, a horse, had a habit of lifting her head and backing up. She was at her worst when the girth was tightened, "cinchy" they call that here, but would do the same at unpredictable moments. She broke numerous cross ties and when fitted with an unbreakable nylon neck rope, tore burn marks in the back of her neck. When tried with hobbles, she failed to get the idea and cut her ankles. She did all of this when first mounted as well so one's first few minutes on the horse were all about trying to achieve forward motion and circles, I found it quite frightening.

One time I was experimenting with not having her tied, I tightened the girth, she jumped backwards, flipped over completely and put a foot through the arena viewing room window. Fortunately it was safety glass and cracked rather than shattering. That was not good for the window, the saddle, the horse nor the amazed onlookers.
Old May 15th 2017, 12:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

And wait until we get on to the goldfish!
Old May 15th 2017, 12:53 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't any horrendous stories to tell, I'm afraid. However, I could tell you about the last dog I had, who was the most amazing pup I've ever owned. Somehow knowing that I couldn't hear well, she would come and get me when the phone rang, someone was at the door or the computer 'pinged' to tell me I had mail and pawed me and licked my hand to wake me up if she heard my alarm go off. She was never trained to do it, it was all instinctual with her. Oh and god help anyone who might raise their voice in my presence or come towards me - she went into 'protect' mode and would stand across me if I was sat down (or in front if stood up) and growl with bared teeth, to warn them off.

I do miss her.

Edited to add - oh yes I do!

I looked after a friends dog for a long weekend once, back in the UK. Damned dog chewed through the window sill trying to break out, chewed through the back door - and got out - then scrambled and jumped the 6' fence at the back and ran off.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 15th 2017 at 12:59 am.
Old May 15th 2017, 1:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Charlee has not really ever done anything super bad.

But she did chew through a laptop cord once as a puppy when she was 6 mos old or so. But she has never touched a cord since.

Overall she is pretty well behaved.
Old May 15th 2017, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

My sons dog chewed through a seat belt because of separation anxiety!

Newfie pup pulled the flooring up in the kitchen.

Sister's golden swallowed socks and they'd come out the other end intact.

But to help Stinkypup with his revelations I would say the worse dog I have had would chew threw underwear she pulled from the dirty laundry or would take certain items ladies dispose of in the bathroom bin and eat them... yup you guessed right! 🤢🤢🤢
Old May 15th 2017, 2:10 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah- so mine aren't so bad then- Stinky was so naughty as a pup and so disobedient despite my best attempts at training- I am ashamed to admit that I was getting nowhere with the uncontrollable seemingly deaf to all commands hound so I resorted to a shock collar that apparently had the range of four football pitches. I distinctly remember running after the little sod running full pelt across the local sugar beet fields of North Norfolk, the air was blue with my shouted expletives- he was a dot on the horizon, well out of range of the remote controller of the zapper collar. Needless to say I returned the equipment, shame I couldn't return the bloody dog
Old May 15th 2017, 3:20 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Unspeakable things? Sorry, can't talk about it..
Old May 15th 2017, 3:58 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I still want to believe that hamster loved me.
Old May 15th 2017, 4:12 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
I still want to believe that hamster loved me.
Unspeakable things done by pets, not to them
Old May 15th 2017, 4:20 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Unspeakable things done by pets, not to them
Oh okay.

So I had this indoor cat that apparently had been declawed. Had her for year and half, never so much as a tickle let alone a scratch. Then I bought a very expensive leather club type chair. It got it delivered, I then went out for dinner, when I came back the cat had scratched the naff out of it. Didn't even know it had back claws. For an instance I thought of grabbing that cat and putting it down the garbage disposal. I guess it taught me to live with the imperfections of behaviour.

Last edited by Oink; May 15th 2017 at 4:26 am.
Old May 15th 2017, 12:14 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I had a horse once that used to be pretty destructive. He tore down an internal wood wall in a stable once and was standing on it in the morning, got out and galloped up and down over some new baby trees. Picked up a ram by its fleece and shook it (that didnt turn out well at all for the ram) and used to bite anyone that he could reach. Other than that he was a stellar horse in traffic (had no fear) and would jump pretty much anything.

My dogs eat any poop they can get ahold of, even if its not their own, its gross. I once pried open my dogs jaws to remove a dry-ish cow pat type piece of runny dog crap. It was a nauseating moment. One of our dogs likes to burp in your face.
Old May 15th 2017, 12:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Tame stuff here. A previous cat used to take a dump behind chairs.

Current cat deliberately pushes things off shelves or the table to get attention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.