Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Unromantic Men - Can you Change Them?

Unromantic Men - Can you Change Them?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unromantic Men - Can you Change Them?

Originally Posted by mc_dub
Then pick between your birthday, valentines day, Christmas and your anniversary
would have to be my birthday as its unique to me and is the only day out of the four that he wouldnt need a pressie in return
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:08 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Happy Anniversary AmyDavid

I also share the unromantic husband and he used to be more romantic, now he doesn't have to bother I suppose Today is my birthday, first one alone here in Canada and I got up this morning to a scrap of paper with "Happy Birthday dear" scribbled on it...think that was worse than no card! He did bring me a card home from work though but no pressie! To add insult to injury we are going to buy my pressie this Saturday, wait for it - a BBQ something he has been wanting since we arrived in Canada.

OH is good at fixing stuff and wiring up water softeners and insulating his garage etc etc etc and I love him dearly, but I still think they could make a bit of an effort for one day in the year.
So sympathise with you.

For my fourth anniversary a couple of weeks ago i got - a surround sound system!!!

Yup - you guessed right, he'd wanted one since we arrived.

However, he did let me go clothes shopping and then pretend they were my gifts from him.

Happy belated anniversary AmyDavid

(p.s. wouldn't change him either, but it's good to have a moan)
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
So sympathise with you.

For my fourth anniversary a couple of weeks ago i got - a surround sound system!!!

Yup - you guessed right, he'd wanted one since we arrived.

However, he did let me go clothes shopping and then pretend they were my gifts from him.

Happy belated anniversary AmyDavid

(p.s. wouldn't change him either, but it's good to have a moan)
A surround sound - oh dear lord - men are hopeless really aren't they!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:07 pm
Tootsie BattyFace

Littletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to beholdLittletashy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
A surround sound - oh dear lord - men are hopeless really aren't they!
The trick is to cry...lots

I did that when my husband bought me a foot spa for mothers day...I was 25 And when he bought me a gym ball cos I had a bad back...being 7 months pregnant at the time, it wasn't really appropriate, just to add insult to injury he bought the biggest one they do.... i'm 5 foot...he came home in his lunch break blew the damn thing up and left it there in the middle of my living room...oh I was so upset that he sent me flowers the same day!

For my 30th this year he took me out for a lovely dinner, arranged the baby sitter and got me diamond earings...He's a gem...so they do learn it just takes time
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:10 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

We have been together for 15 years now and what can we now put in a card that hasnt already been said? We would rather keep the money spent on cards and presents throughout the year, and go out as a family somewhere. I used to get very disappointed and frankly stress out my OH, who tried really hard, but was never going to spontaneously get me the perfect present or card etc. So now we dont bother with those things, maybe a nice dinner cooked by us both and a glass of wine. Dont be too bothered, it isnt worth it and it clearly isnt the sum total of his feelings for you. Just got to find a way of working round it and not getting disappointed if it is that big a deal for you Maybe its a 20 something issue and turning 30 will bring you some Man-zen! Do tell us, it sounds exciting!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:22 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy2
We have been together for 15 years now and what can we now put in a card that hasnt already been said? We would rather keep the money spent on cards and presents throughout the year, and go out as a family somewhere. I used to get very disappointed and frankly stress out my OH, who tried really hard, but was never going to spontaneously get me the perfect present or card etc. So now we dont bother with those things, maybe a nice dinner cooked by us both and a glass of wine. Dont be too bothered, it isnt worth it and it clearly isnt the sum total of his feelings for you. Just got to find a way of working round it and not getting disappointed if it is that big a deal for you Maybe its a 20 something issue and turning 30 will bring you some Man-zen! Do tell us, it sounds exciting!
20 something issue for me or him?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:25 am
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

The best one he ever did though - box of choccies on my birthday when I had an abcess in my tooth:curse::curse:

However, his best one - took me to San Francisco for my 30th and proposed (5 years ago) - so I reckon he earned enough points for that one to keep him going for a while!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:29 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Am I supposed to do something for our 10th anniversary this year?

<remembers cooker extractor hood he bought for Mother's Day last year>
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:12 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Am I supposed to do something for our 10th anniversary this year?

<remembers cooker extractor hood he bought for Mother's Day last year>
Betcha souvette would just luuurv a new vacuum cleaner.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:17 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
My Dad once bought my Mum a car cleaning set for her birthday...my Mum cannot drive, nor did we have a car....! My Mum and Dad are now divorced!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, UK...soon a new life in Canada ;o)
amberdayz is on a distinguished road

I must be one of the lucky ones with my OH
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:51 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I got one for my birthday this year. Admittedly I did ask for one.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:47 am
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Okay so today is my 7th Anniversary and my OH got me.....NOWT! Apart from hitting him with a big stick, how can I change a man who is not romantic! I am sure he used to be.....!!!
NO you cannt change them (or at least I havent managed to change mine).
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:31 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

i bet he would have have done something for you if oral sex would have been on the menu first thing. surely you have worked this out by now, it does not cost a penny and its good for you.
its not that we are unromantic, its just that with all we have to do and the pressure of modern life you women just don't realise how hard it is for us. you need to relieve our stress more often then you would get pressies.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:32 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I got one for my birthday this year. Admittedly I did ask for one.
i did the eternity ring thing on ours, went down quite well, be prepared for big price ticket though mate. $2000 min.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.