UK visa

Old Jul 21st 2016, 12:49 am
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK visa

Just checking- Canadians don't need visas for UK do they? Just checked and mini-wheels British passport expired last month so she'll have to travel on her canuck one.

I'll get it sorted over there.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 1:13 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visa

No visa reqd for Canadians, and perfectly OK for a British citizen to enter on a foreign passport. I entered on my US passport last year, and will do so again later this year. Absolutely no concerns at the immigration desk.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 1:21 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably not in the Brit/Euro queue?

Or do they let you through if you sound British?
Old Jul 21st 2016, 1:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Or do they let you through if you sound British? ....
Yeah, you have to go through the Johnny Foreigners line.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 2:46 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Or do they let you through if you sound British?
If Miniwheels is travelling with you, or any other family member with a UK passport then you can go through the UK passport line as a family. Or at least that's always been my experience. YMMV.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
If Miniwheels is travelling with you, or any other family member with a UK passport then you can go through the UK passport line as a family. Or at least that's always been my experience. YMMV.
Pick whichever line is shorter if your family group has both British and non-EU passports!
Old Jul 21st 2016, 4:48 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Providing you're only coming to visit then travelling on their Canadian passports shouldn't present a problem particularly if you are bringing the expired ones with you so you can renew them.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 7:31 am
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Now just hoping I can get on that plane... not 100% sure where the ex is with the kids...
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Go through the UK citizens line and bring her expired UK passport with her valid Cdn one. As per bats thread earlier she shouldn't be stamped as a visitor and you can renew her UK pp whilst you are there if you choose.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No visa reqd for Canadians, and perfectly OK for a British citizen to enter on a foreign passport. I entered on my US passport last year, and will do so again later this year. Absolutely no concerns at the immigration desk.
Didn't you say you just renewed your UK passport? Why not use that
Old Jul 21st 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Gozit
Didn't you say you just renewed your UK passport? Why not use that?
It's waiting for me at my mother's house, in the UK.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 9:03 am
Proudly Scarberian

Roger!

Kids just came back with t ex so looks like I'm good to go.

Go through the UK citizens line and bring her expired UK passport with her valid Cdn one. As per bats thread earlier she shouldn't be stamped as a visitor and you can renew her UK pp whilst you are there if you choose.
Old Jul 21st 2016, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's waiting for me at my mother's house, in the UK.
Ah. Gotcha.

(and I noticed you added the ? at the end of my quote )

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Roger!

Kids just came back with t ex so looks like I'm good to go.

Yep just show her valid Cdn and expired UK to the border guard and you should be peachy. Safe trip, when do you go?
Old Jul 21st 2016, 9:36 am

.... (and I noticed you added the ? at the end of my quote .... )....
In truth, it was a question, wasn't it?
Old Jul 21st 2016, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In truth, it was a question, wasn't it?
Yes, it was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.