Uk Passport renewal

Old Jan 10th 2019, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134
Default Uk Passport renewal

Have any of the members of this forum had any experience with the UK online passport renewal, is it straight forward, complicated, how do you send photos etc etc any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Passport renewal

We renewed our children's UK passports recently, the online system was very easy to use - fill out the form, print it out, get your photos taken (we had ours done at London Drugs, they have the right photo specifications stored in their system) and we DHL'd it to Durham, I think it was. We wouldn't trust Canada Post to get the envelope over there.
New passports returned within 4-6 weeks, certainly no longer than that.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Thanks for your quick reply. I was under the impression from the Govt UK website that the whole process including the sending of "digital passport photos" is all done online and the only mailing involved is them returning the new passport via Courier which is all included in the price. Oh and i have to send the old passport to them. Is this not correct?
Old Jan 10th 2019, 11:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can now upload a digital photo instead of sending a passport photo in the post, yes. As for the rest of it it’s no more difficult than renewing your passport in the UK by post.
Old Jan 10th 2019, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Do the application forms have to be sent in the post or can they be sent online as well?
Old Jan 11th 2019, 12:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Jan 11th 2019, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Thx i had already found that site and continued into it a bit but i wanted to confirm a few things before i got to the point of no return.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 12:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Do the application forms have to be sent in the post or can they be sent online as well?

How to apply

• 1Get a digital passport photo

We’ll show you how to get a digital photo that meets the rules.
  • 2Apply and pay online

A standard passport costs £86 plus a £19.86 courier fee.
  • 3Send us your old passport

You need to pay the postage to return your old passport.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 1:29 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bucks_Family
...We wouldn't trust Canada Post to get the envelope over there....
Sent mine by Canada Post. Registered. Cheap and quick.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 1:32 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a recent thread on it.
Old Jan 11th 2019, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband didn't get the option to submit a digital photo when he applied recently. As I recall there was something about it possibly being possible (in some cases?). Perhaps we missed a check box. Still it was very quick.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 2:05 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Siouxie & others, thanks for the shared information & details in this thread, especially the digital photo which is another $20 saving as well as ​​​​​​'Bristol' approach of the low cost Canada post shipping method

mine expired 6 mths ago, I was going to wait till the 'Blue' passport came out, but you know what - does it make any difference?

and besides, 'what if' Brexit is put on hold

Originally Posted by Siouxie

How to apply
  • 1Get a digital passport photo

We’ll show you how to get a digital photo that meets the rules.
  • 2Apply and pay online

A standard passport costs £86 plus a £19.86 courier fee.
  • 3Send us your old passport

You need to pay the postage to return your old passport.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 6:45 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by not2old
Siouxie & others, thanks for the shared information & details in this thread, especially the digital photo which is another $20 saving as well as ​​​​​​'Bristol' approach of the low cost Canada post shipping method
Just to emphasise the Canada Post method (registered) is one way, to the UK. The courier fee is for the return and has to be included regardless.

If Registered Canada Post is $11 and courier to the UK is $88 (as I saw on the FEDEX site) I prefer to think of it as common sense rather than low cost
Old Jan 14th 2019, 8:34 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I did mine recently. Digital photo uploaded. Digital form submission. Online payment of fees. Old passport sent via Canada Post registered mail.

Received new passport (and return of cancelled old passport) via DHL in about 10 days start to finish.

I was v impressed with the speed and efficiency of the service. And it's much cheaper than it used to be when it was all processed in Washington DC - that was an absolute ripoff.
Old Jan 14th 2019, 11:44 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing I'd add is your old passport and new ones are couriered back separately.... within days of each other.

So I'd suggest not rushing to the DHL office when the first envelope arrives... give it 3-4 days then go pick up both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.