Trumps First week

Old Jan 30th 2017, 11:10 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trumps First week

While the news was full of video of near-riots in major airports, protests outside, pandemonium and conflicting orders, he stated that it was working out very nicely. He might as well ask who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
Old Jan 30th 2017, 11:52 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
While the news was full of video of near-riots in major airports, protests outside, pandemonium and conflicting orders, he stated that it was working out very nicely. He might as well ask who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?
Coming so soon after the claims of massive crowds at the inauguration and all the rest of it, it's all a bit Idi Amin.

He thinks he's right and that's all there is to it. One does wonder about his advisors and all the rest of them. That he doesn't appear to know what Merkel had to explain to him either shows his own ignorance, contempt or perhaps the other office holders are deliberately setting him up for a fall.

This amused me this morning. There was an article in the Guardian about the benefits (or otherwise) of taking Melatonin for jet lag. In the blog comments was this gem.

I will be travelling from Iran to the US next week. Will melatonin help me cope with the sleep deprivation. I understand that it can't help with waterboarding though.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:06 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I get the grumpy old man, "youth of today gone to the dogs" theme. I just don't see what the sentence is intended to convey in the context of the post.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:09 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Yes, I get the grumpy old man, "youth of today gone to the dogs" theme. I just don't see what the sentence is intended to convey in the context of the post.
I didn't even get that much.
Agree with TeaandToday5.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:15 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
I didn't even get that much.
Ah well, back with Trump. I think he's going to cause yuge problems for the US economy. American firms, especially American computer firms, use lots of foreign workers. If it becomes easier to move the American workers to foreign than the foreign workers to America, that's what will happen. There's also the matter of foreign investment, the US needs money from abroad, an isolationist policy isn't going to help with that. The first post-Trump President is going to inherit a lot of problems.

Oh, and his tax to building the ****ing wall is going to cripple the car industry, that's a classic foot shooting.

Last edited by dbd33; Jan 30th 2017 at 12:18 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe the size of his signature. But at least it's joined up.

Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I meant, I can just imagine waking up to a Donald Trump tweet in the morning tweeting "I told you so" to the Canadian PM if the shooters turn out to be illegals or refugees.
This from jihadwatch.org:
The establishment propaganda media is full of handwringing this morning about “Islamophobia” being the cause of the attack. Everyone is ignoring the fact that the CBC reported, that the gunmen were screaming “Allahu akbar.” And now we learn from La Presse that one of the murderers was Moroccan.
A Moroccan “right-wing Islamophobe”? Those are somewhat thin on the ground in Rabat and Casablanca and Fez. It is much more likely that the shooting was, as I said yesterday, Muslims who were firing upon other Muslims whom they deemed heretical: a Sunni-Shia dispute, or adherents of the Islamic State versus opponents of it.

Of course it doesn't make it any less tragic.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:46 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I can't believe the size of his signature. But at least it's joined up.

http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads...11-635x357.jpg
It's the signature of a narcissist, although aesthetically, I think it's quite impressive.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:51 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Shard
It's the signature of a narcissist, although aesthetically, I think it's quite impressive.
Polygraph
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Polygraph
Graphology might work better.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 12:54 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by dbd33
Ah well, back with Trump. I think he's going to cause yuge problems for the US economy. American firms, especially American computer firms, use lots of foreign workers. If it becomes easier to move the American workers to foreign than the foreign workers to America, that's what will happen. There's also the matter of foreign investment, the US needs money from abroad, an isolationist policy isn't going to help with that. The first post-Trump President is going to inherit a lot of problems.

Oh, and his tax to building the ****ing wall is going to cripple the car industry, that's a classic foot shooting.
That's the prevailing logic, but we haven't seen the outcome yet. Clearly the 7-country ban was an ill conceived plan probably aimed more at (Trump) publicity than any real reduction in terror threat, but it's temporary, and the visa system is likely to remain. I don't see his isolationism sending US corporations running, because ultimately they rely on US law and remedies to function. However, on the car industry, it does seem that repatriating production to the US can only boost vehicle prices, which can't be good for demand. So yes, probably some foot shooting. Interesting times ahead.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:18 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Graphology might work better.
You did get it, right? Look at his signature, looks like the polygraph paper when you lie.... I can't be sure with some of you.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You did get it, right? Look at his signature, looks like the polygraph paper when you lie.... I can't be sure with some of you.
True but some of us don't get it in your sense and therefore after the explanation we now get it.
Graphology is the analysis of the physical characteristics and patterns of handwriting purporting to be able to identify the writer, indicating psychological state at the time of writing, or evaluating personality characteristics. It is generally considered a pseudoscience.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:26 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Nonsensical I'm afraid. Unless Sir Mo becomes a US citizen then he is, and remains, an alien under US law, nothing to do with Trump. The ban also won't apply to him as he would have ceased to be a Somali citizen upon acquiring British citizenship.
But doesn't his passport still state his place of birth? Isn't the whole thrust of his argument that the CBP officials are so ill-briefed that this alone would give them grounds to detain him until they clarify his situation?

Very far from nonsensical, Farah's point is that this is a half-cocked, pea-brained idea that has been rushed into effect with no planning, no briefings, no preparation, no chance to address the nuances of cases that are less than clearly black-and-white. That is what is complaint is, and I think he is absolutely spot on.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Very far from nonsensical, Farah's point is that this is a half-cocked, pea-brained idea that has been rushed into effect with no planning, no briefings, no preparation, no chance to address the nuances of cases that are less than clearly black-and-white. That is what is complaint is, and I think he is absolutely spot on.
Sort of like the vote on BREXIT then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.