Trudeau

Old Jun 22nd 2021, 12:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trudeau

Almost seems like JT and Liberal Party are trying to hide something over the lab firings.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7968097/h...-winnipeg-lab/

"The president of the Public Health Agency of Canada is now the first non-MP in more than a 100 years to receive a formal reprimand from the House of Commons."

Old Jun 22nd 2021, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond reputeMordko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Almost seems like JT and Liberal Party are trying to hide something over the lab firings.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7968097/h...-winnipeg-lab/

"The president of the Public Health Agency of Canada is now the first non-MP in more than a 100 years to receive a formal reprimand from the House of Commons."
Reminiscent of this government’s behaviour after the We scandal.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 1:26 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's under RCMP investigation, and the opposition knows it, so this is just grandstanding. It doesn't matter, there will no doubt be another real blooper for the reel before too long."Health Minister Patty Hajdu, who oversees PHAC, wasn’t physically present in the chamber for the admonishment but in earlier statements during question period she said it’s “disappointing” to see the Conservatives “play games” on issues of national security. She also noted that unredacted documents have been provided to the top-secret National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians (NSICOP), which the Conservatives yanked their members from in protest last week."
https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/tens...ents-1.5479227
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

We do have to remember that the Tories, and their leader in particular, are playing nasty little games in Parliament.

Nicey nice and working together has gone by the board, even though it is still necessary for the parties to act together to help Canadians.

The Tories have a major problem ............... they would love to get an early election, but they are still likely to lose as yheir leader has got very low scores in any poll of the Canadian public for "recognition of leaders" and "would you vote for xxxx "

Jasmeet Singh is doing better than either Trudeau or O'Toole.

Maybe some of us remember what O'Toole was like when he was in Harper's Cabinet!
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Jasmeet Singh is doing better than either Trudeau or O'Toole.
I think Jagmeet is a great guy, but I fear that he doesn't really see anything very wrong with the status quo, he sides with Trudeau and settles on a lot of things instead of pushing for things that genuinely help working everyday people. I think he is just a bit too metropolitan/city oriented and focuses more on discrimination he has suffered as a POC rather than relating to the overall struggle of poorer people. Sometimes it feels like he was really a perfect pick from the neoliberal elite to distract away from the real issues of inequality.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 7:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
I think Jagmeet is a great guy, but I fear that he doesn't really see anything very wrong with the status quo, he sides with Trudeau and settles on a lot of things instead of pushing for things that genuinely help working everyday people. I think he is just a bit too metropolitan/city oriented and focuses more on discrimination he has suffered as a POC rather than relating to the overall struggle between the very wealthy and poor. Sometimes it feels like he was really a perfect pick from the neoliberal elite to distract away from the real issues on inequality.
All the NDP leaders in recent memory responded automatically to anything the government does with boiler-plate rhetoric that I find unimaginative and not constructive. It seems like a silly complaint but it rankles. I didn't even like Jack Layton and every red was in love with him. The NDP is unlikely to form a government in my lifetime, but it's really important to have a decent opposition to keep our leaders in check and accountable so I just hope for them to get as good as they can.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
All the NDP leaders in recent memory responded automatically to anything the government does with boiler-plate rhetoric that I find unimaginative and not constructive. It seems like a silly complaint but it rankles. I didn't even like Jack Layton and every red was in love with him. The NDP is unlikely to form a government in my lifetime, but it's really important to have a decent opposition to keep our leaders in check and accountable so I just hope for them to get as good as they can.
Yeah I hope they can get it together. It seems social-democratic and labour movements are quite weak in both Canada and the US overall. Canada has a bit more success with unions across various industries and fields, but these seem to have been formed in the previous century. Amazon warehouse employees in Canada got fired for trying to unionize and I don't see the NDP coming to their defense.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

That's laying it on thick is it not? Trudeau made headlines with his sunny ways, it is 2015 and the fact he wasn't Trump. Now Biden is in he is an irrelevance. And, as far as I can tell, his international press has not been so good - black face, taking vaccines from COVAX, or whatever it is called.
Old Jun 22nd 2021, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Bill C-10 passed in the quiet hours of the early morning.

Old Jun 23rd 2021, 1:03 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Yeah I hope they can get it together. It seems social-democratic and labour movements are quite weak in both Canada and the US overall. Canada has a bit more success with unions across various industries and fields, but these seem to have been formed in the previous century. Amazon warehouse employees in Canada got fired for trying to unionize and I don't see the NDP coming to their defense.
If Jagmeet could just be a little more like Ed Broadbent... You can't blame Ed for wanting to do something else, but I thought someone like him could lead the party to power. Tommy Douglas did it under the CCF banner because change was needed desperately but any party can hold out carrots like child care and pharmacare and campaigning becomes a bidding war. Erin O'toole isn't Stephen Harper or Andrew Scheer so I think he's very dangerous. I don't remember him from Harper's pack of villans; maybe he didn't stand out like Baird or Ambrose. He's a veteran so that will count for him.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
If Jagmeet could just be a little more like Ed Broadbent... You can't blame Ed for wanting to do something else, but I thought someone like him could lead the party to power. Tommy Douglas did it under the CCF banner because change was needed desperately but any party can hold out carrots like child care and pharmacare and campaigning becomes a bidding war. Erin O'toole isn't Stephen Harper or Andrew Scheer so I think he's very dangerous. I don't remember him from Harper's pack of villans; maybe he didn't stand out like Baird or Ambrose. He's a veteran so that will count for him.

Scheer was Minister for Veterans at one point, and didn't do too much!

Even he kept telling everyone he was a veteran!
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 6:07 am
Account Closed

At least they seem aware some of these are not exactly what the voters want.

“Now, this is going to be controversial. People think that C-10 was controversial. Wait till we table this legislation,” Guilbeault said at an appearance at the Banff World Media Festival.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 11:39 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by scilly
Scheer was Minister for Veterans at one point, and didn't do too much!
Even he kept telling everyone he was a veteran!
I hadn't heard that; I remember he said he was an insurance agent when he didn't have his license. I live in Scheer's riding and can't fathom how he gets elected. Just looked in his Wiki and he married the sister of NFL player Jon Ryan so maybe he gleans a few votes from the sporting community but I never liked him.
Old Jun 23rd 2021, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

Maybe it's because some of the bills are questionable and don't have massive public support.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau expressed frustration over the lack of co-operation in Parliament to pass key bills, a comment that could be viewed as laying the foundation for calling an election later this year.

“We have seen a level of obstructionism and toxicity in the House that is of real concern,” he said.

Old Jun 24th 2021, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

JT really doesn't want any of the info surrounding the Winnipeg lab to be known.

I wonder how the court will rule? Do federal courts have jurisdiction in this type of situation?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...-full-records/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.