Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The trouble with texting is....

The trouble with texting is....

Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:10 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The trouble with texting is....

I have to share this story and get it off my chest. This morning I arrived at work (I am a nanny) to find kids up and about, their mum packing for a business trip and dad, who we will call J, in bed with flu.
J is often sick and is generally a pathetic excuse for a man, so I sent a text to my OH that said
M has taken kids to school F***wit is off sick with flu AGAIN!
My OH didn't reply to my text so about an hour later I called him and said did you get my text??

No he replied - I hung up & checked my messages - I had sent the message by mistake to my boss J
to say I felt sick is an understatement - luckily because he was in bed sick, I managed to erase the message from his phone before he saw it.
Let this be a warning to all!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The trouble with texting is....

Originally Posted by louise033
I have to share this story and get it off my chest. This morning I arrived at work (I am a nanny) to find kids up and about, their mum packing for a business trip and dad, who we will call J, in bed with flu.
J is often sick and is generally a pathetic excuse for a man, so I sent a text to my OH that said
My OH didn't reply to my text so about an hour later I called him and said did you get my text??

No he replied - I hung up & checked my messages - I had sent the message by mistake to my boss J
to say I felt sick is an understatement - luckily because he was in bed sick, I managed to erase the message from his phone before he saw it.
HAHAHA!! Don't ya just love mobiles/cell phones...emails are the same...
I have a story about my wife, a guy called Mark and mobile phone texts, which I won't go into here. But it all turned out to be completely innocent, even though it caused some arguments for a while after...

Last edited by steve666; Apr 16th 2007 at 8:53 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's what I call a close one

Glad you got away with it

Arris
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
HAHAHA!! Don't ya just love mobiles/cell phones...emails are the same...
I have a story about my wife, a guy called Mark and mobile phone texts, which I won't go into here. But it all turned out to be completely innocent, even though it caused some arguments for a while after...
Oh you tease, you've started now so you may as well tell all, it's ok no one is looking on here much anyway.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Oh you tease, you've started now so you may as well tell all, it's ok no one is looking on here much anyway.
Oh, long story, she'd kill me if she knew I had even mentioned it.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Bl**dy Nora that was close!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all

One of my friends declared her undying love for her ex............ and sent the message to her best friend asking for advice on what to do about it............. problem was she sent the text to the ex!!! When she told me I felt sick for her! (The ex by the way thought it was "amusing" and hence he remained the ex!)
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louise033

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 1:49 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!
I still can't believe I got away with it - I keep smiling to myself, funny thing is, I will be handing in my notice in a couple of weeks anyway!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 2:03 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Texts are how I caught my ex having an affair. The slapper he went with is still puzzling over how her husband got copies of every text, email and phone message my particular ex f***wit sent her for the next eight months...and how her replies ended up in my divorce papers
Old Apr 17th 2007, 8:30 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dingbat
Texts are how I caught my ex having an affair. The slapper he went with is still puzzling over how her husband got copies of every text, email and phone message my particular ex f***wit sent her for the next eight months...and how her replies ended up in my divorce papers
Thats the kind of justice I like!

I'll try and make this short.......

When I first met my OH, he was caught up in alot of grief involving his ex (not married but had 4 children). She had been having an affair for 2 years and left him when the youngest child was 4 months old (DNA test later proved that the child was not his!), she then abandoned the elder children at her mothers.

A Year or so goes by, lots of traumas through out this time, the 3 elder children had moved in with us on a temporary basis (5 years later they are still here!).

OH and I go out on a saturday night and have a rather excellent time, which culminated in a marriage proposal (he's still not forgiven for proposing in a pub, such taste).

We arrive home slightly worse for wear, and I text my best friend to share the news, her name is Debbie...Guess what the ex's name is...?

As I didn't get a reply, OH and I checked phone and realised what I had done, I sent a very apologetic message, explaining my error, Christ what a hullabaloo, she phoned the next day ranting and raving, I pointed out that I had sent apology, she said she had not recieved it.

Checked my phone and there was no delivery report, message finally delivered half an hour later. She forgave me as it said on the message details what time the text had been sent...3am.

Mobile phones can get you into alot of trouble...

Charlie