Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Travelling at 40PAWS an hour!

Travelling at 40PAWS an hour!

Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:42 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travelling at 40PAWS an hour!

Well, we have just got back from our trip to Montana and what a blast we had! It was fantastic to be away and just doing what we felt like. We had anticipated trying skiing and snowmobiling, then the guy at the B&B said about dog sledding....

So we booked the dog sled WOW! The place had 100 huskie's and a bloodhound ALL the dogs were barking 'Pick me, Pick me!' (including the bloodhound) 10 dogs were attached to each sled and away we went at the speed of dog, the snow started to fall and all we could hear was the gentle swish and occasional thud of the sled and the musher calling 'good doggy doggy doggy dog!' It was like being in a giant snow globe. 12 miles later we returned for hot chocolate and cookies and ALL the dogs were quiet and rested waiting for the rest of the pack to return.

If you have never tried dog sledding then I thoroughly reccommend the experience.

We did try skiing too we each had two lessons (@$45us) - daughter decided to try the hooligan sport of snowboarding - she wants a snowboard for christmas and we all want to go skiing again. We also found the bathroom furniture we wanted so all in all a great trip!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of
Default Re: Travelling at 40PAWS an hour!

Wow sounds like you had a great trip.
I fancy trying Dog sledding when we get over there.

Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:20 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayersanna
Wow sounds like you had a great trip.
I fancy trying Dog sledding when we get over there.

Well I would certainly do it again that's for sure!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I've only just come across your thread...and I've been thinking all day "I wonder if she's back home yet"!!

Glad you had a fantastic time Piff....the dog sledding sounded so romantic

Can't wait to catch up - I'm in R/Dr tomorrow and should be free after 2.30 ish if you'd like me to pop round for a cuppa? Let me know.
Welcome Back!
Ruby x
Old Mar 29th 2009, 4:10 pm

Looking forward to a natter tomorrow Rubes!