trampolines

Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

susanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant future
Default trampolines

Hi

We are moving to Winnipeg in 6 weeks, and deciding what to put in the container.....is it possible to buy biggish (12 foot or so) trampolines with surrounds in Canada? Or should I get one here and ship it? Kids are desperate for one and garden here is far too small!

Thanks

Susan
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of
Default Re: trampolines

Hi Susan

I have seen very big trampolines in the back gardens in Calgary - that was the first place I saw lots of "domestic use" big trampolines and that was a couple of years before they became popular here. Can't recall seeing ones with the netting round to stop kids falling off, but I would assume they have those too. Have a look on some retail store websites (maybe ToysRUs or similar) over there and then you can check prices too and see if it is worth your while to ship or cheaper just to wait and buy one over there.

Lisa
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
Hi Susan

I have seen very big trampolines in the back gardens in Calgary - that was the first place I saw lots of "domestic use" big trampolines and that was a couple of years before they became popular here. Can't recall seeing ones with the netting round to stop kids falling off, but I would assume they have those too. Have a look on some retail store websites (maybe ToysRUs or similar) over there and then you can check prices too and see if it is worth your while to ship or cheaper just to wait and buy one over there.

Lisa
Hi girls

THey do have ones with nets around as my canadian friend has a giant one with a net

Gay
x
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

We saw a huge one with net at costco yesterday.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:17 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
We saw a huge one with net at costco yesterday.
toyrus do some too with nets around, not sure of the size but they are on the website.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:39 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susanmom

Kids are desperate for one and garden here is far too small!

Thanks

Susan

Didn't you mean that you desperately wanted one for the kids ?
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:54 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are moving to Winnipeg in 6 weeks, and deciding what to put in the container.....is it possible to buy biggish (12 foot or so) trampolines with surrounds in Canada? Or should I get one here and ship it? Kids are desperate for one and garden here is far too small!

Thanks

Susan
Susan

We bought our 14ft one from B+Q and shipped it over

As you say the kids love it and its like a magnet for all the other kids in our street, as they all love it as well

I would buy one and ship it, may work out cheaper buying in the UK

Eddie
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Had a look at costco.ca take a look at this one

http://www.costco.ca/en-CA/Common/Se...v-_-Top_search

Didn't realise it was that expensive

Gay
x
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We have one. On the blog there's a picture of me assembling it with a baseball bat. It cost about $300 five years ago.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

susanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant future

omg hun!
They are about $399 on toysrus.ca!
Will check what they cost here and might ship
Too much to do and 5 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help again

Susan
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

omg hun!
They are about $399 on toysrus.ca!
Will check what they cost here and might ship
Too much to do and 5 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help again

Susan
They are more expensive on the UK toysrus site as far as I remember ( £600 ).
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I bought a trampoline last year for my 13 year old granddaughter. It's in my back yard because we have lots of room. I did a great deal of research before I bought it. I went and looked at trampolines at Costco and Walmart and talked to people who had one.

I would recommend that you do not buy a cheap trampoline. The tubular metal that they are made of is inferior - i.e. you get what you pay for - and my granddaughter has a friend whose trampoline from Walmart broke the second year. And even the first year, my granddaughter said the trampoline was useless and had no bounce.

I bought a 14 foot trampoline and I paid about $700 for it. I got it from Triad trampolines. This is all I could find on the Internet. I bought mine in Regina. The guy at Triad had a cheap trampoline set up and after we had looked at it, we decided to pay more money and get a decent one.

Triad Trampolines Inc
Winnipeg , MB R7A 0A0
(204) 779 1250

We took the springs and the padding etc. off in the fall and put them in our crawl space. I have been told that if you buy a decent trampoline and look after the parts except the tubular metal which can be left out all winter, you can probably sell the thing when the kids get fed up with it and get almost as much as you paid for the thing.

One of the troubles with cheap trampolines is that the padding around the side is not very substantial. My daughter's friend's was like that and a kid jumping on it had her foot and leg go down between the springs and she fell over backwards. Luckily there were several other kids standing there who managed to catch her, otherwise she could easily have broken her leg.

I have also heard bad things about those net surrounds. I can't remember what it was except it had something to do with parents allowing young children on the trampoline that had nets, and leaving them unsupervised because they thought the children would be safe. Last year I was at the park and there was a trampoline with a net set up in one back yard. There were four or five kids on the trampoline. Even with the net, I can't imagine it would be safe to allow that many kids bouncing at one time. Maybe you can research this aspect on the Internet.

This is my son on the trampoline! The kids never went that high!

Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

I have seen one in Walmart here, trampoline is 14ft and was $179 and surround for it was $199
Old Apr 15th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

That is the one my granddaughter's friend had and it was garbage - like most of the stuff Walmart sells. Walmart is good for toilet rolls and soft drinks and detergent. Nothing else it sells is quality. If you want a trampoline for young kids that don't want much bounce and you don't expect it to last more than two or three years then the Walmart one is just fine.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:29 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple of pictures of our trampoline at the old house. As you can see it took up the whole backyard. If you have an autistic person in the house a trampoline is a godsend as an autistic person will bounce on it twelve hours a day. We have another trampoline at the house of my ex, it's fifteen years old and is just now losing its bounce even though the only maintenance it's had has been shovelling enough snow off to allow bouncing. Both of these came from Costco (one when it was called the Price Club).
Attached Thumbnails trampolines-109_0952.jpg   trampolines-107_0769.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.