Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Toronto is 'city of future'

Toronto is 'city of future'

Old Apr 27th 2007, 5:53 pm
Banned

nimiq1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toronto is 'city of future'

Toronto has been named runner-up in a British financial magazine's ranking of North America's Cities of the Future.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/208010
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto is 'city of future'

Originally Posted by nimiq1
Toronto has been named runner-up in a British financial magazine's ranking of North America's Cities of the Future.

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/208010

Toronto scored high for its good affordable housing, low crime levels, strong health and education sectors and falling unemployment. - obviously the people that wrote this do not live here!!!

True the employment sector in Toronto is booming but the house across the street from just sold for a cool million, the school up the street cant afford books or a new roof, and everyday i hear about someone getting shot!!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:34 pm
Banned

It's kind of like those "best cities to live in" survey. Sounds like you need to move away from where you are, to the burbs?
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of like those "best cities to live in" survey. Sounds like you need to move away from where you are, to the burbs?
God no thanks id die!! im not complaining, I just find it funny that they wrote that stuff, when ppl living here would probably disagree.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:38 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
God no thanks id die!! im not complaining, I just find it funny that they wrote that stuff, when ppl living here would probably disagree.
I know what you mean about those writers. Now why would you die if you moved? A lot of people commute into toronto for work taking GO trains and what not
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:44 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean about those writers. Now why would you die if you moved? A lot of people commute into toronto for work taking GO trains and what not
Thats life as a worker drone innit. Not for me either.

Most of these sort of polls and lists are flawed in many ways. Leamington is supposed to be the best place to live in Canada. 'nuff said.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:50 pm
Banned

It could well be, and am sure they didn't just pluck it from thin air I was curious as to where this place is, and I found these

http://www.leamington.ca/general/home.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leamington,_Ontario

It might be worth looking at for those pondering emigrating to small town ontario

Last edited by nimiq1; Apr 27th 2007 at 7:09 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:02 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Habla Espanol?

Leamington is in the flatlands of Ontario much beloved by Dutch immigrants, and is the greenhouse capital of Canada, where most of the work is done by mexican workers on a government program that affords them little pay (by canadian standards) and very few employment rights.