Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hear hear.

I accept that Tiote is a robust defensive midfielder who did pick up 11 yellow cards last season (no reds though). That was a travesty, only made worse by the ref ignoring a clear handball in the penalty area two minutes later.

If I may quote from the Guardian's minute by minute report ...

"20 mins: Still no bookings, though Seb Larsson could really have been punished for fairly gratuitously kicking Ameobi in the chest. The free-kick, from 35 yards out, is arrowed towards goal by Cabayé – never likely to beat Mignolet, but impossible to catch as it dipped under the crossbar, so he tipped it over. The corner is put back behind his own goal by Gardener, but the referee thinks it's a goal kick.

25 mins: RED CARD FOR TIOTÉ! Tioté tussles with Colback for possession. Fletcher nips in front and takes the ball, and Tioté's studs take his shin. It wasn't horribly violent, but it was nasty. And the really strange thing is, it all ends with a Newcastle free kick.

26 mins: So Newcastle had been awarded a free-kick for Colback's hassling of Tioté before the stud attack that followed, making the red card offence even less explicable. Anyway, the ball is sent into the penalty area where Seb Larsson very deliberately controls it with his left arm. Newcastle appeal but neither the referee nor Sky's commentators are impressed."

Referree. Bent, bent I tells yer.
Tiote looked like a decent player last season but he's been a very lucky boy to stay on the pitch at least a couple of times already this season.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:11 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hear hear.

I accept that Tiote is a robust defensive midfielder who did pick up 11 yellow cards last season (no reds though). That was a travesty, only made worse by the ref ignoring a clear handball in the penalty area two minutes later.

If I may quote from the Guardian's minute by minute report ...

"20 mins: Still no bookings, though Seb Larsson could really have been punished for fairly gratuitously kicking Ameobi in the chest. The free-kick, from 35 yards out, is arrowed towards goal by Cabayé – never likely to beat Mignolet, but impossible to catch as it dipped under the crossbar, so he tipped it over. The corner is put back behind his own goal by Gardener, but the referee thinks it's a goal kick.

25 mins: RED CARD FOR TIOTÉ! Tioté tussles with Colback for possession. Fletcher nips in front and takes the ball, and Tioté's studs take his shin. It wasn't horribly violent, but it was nasty. And the really strange thing is, it all ends with a Newcastle free kick.

26 mins: So Newcastle had been awarded a free-kick for Colback's hassling of Tioté before the stud attack that followed, making the red card offence even less explicable. Anyway, the ball is sent into the penalty area where Seb Larsson very deliberately controls it with his left arm. Newcastle appeal but neither the referee nor Sky's commentators are impressed."

Referree. Bent, bent I tells yer.
They had a Senior Premier League Referee as part of the ESPN coverage on Sportsnet World. He said it was a straight red with out question. I'd sooner take that over some journo struggling to use an antiquated clunky live blogging tool for delayed minute by minute coverage.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:32 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

4-1 to the mighty Hammers..they seriously need to pack it in before i get a nose bleed!
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 3:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
They had a Senior Premier League Referee as part of the ESPN coverage on Sportsnet World. He said it was a straight red with out question. I'd sooner take that over some journo struggling to use an antiquated clunky live blogging tool for delayed minute by minute coverage.
Ah, but Senior Premier League Referees are seldom amusing.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:13 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Tiote has got away with shockers before (like just about every other defensive midfielder), and it was definitely a booking, but I was genuinely surprised it was a straight red. I was equally surprised that Larsson wasn't booked for the (accidental) studs to Shola's chest/neck, and it took Cabaye so long to get booked (after Tiote was sent off though). I wasn't sure if it was black and white goggles, but I don't think it's my bias coming through?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Tiote has got away with shockers before (like just about every other defensive midfielder), and it was definitely a booking, but I was genuinely surprised it was a straight red. I was equally surprised that Larsson wasn't booked for the (accidental) studs to Shola's chest/neck, and it took Cabaye so long to get booked (after Tiote was sent off though). I wasn't sure if it was black and white goggles, but I don't think it's my bias coming through?
I plead guilty to B&W goggles, but the important thing is the point (which would have been three if not for the Face of Ba).
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:15 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

I thought there was some atrocious refereeing this weekend (and particularly today) in the Premier League. Clattenburg has obviously decided he will start his one man crusade on diving....
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:21 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmydean
I thought there was some atrocious refereeing this weekend (and particularly today) in the Premier League. Clattenburg has obviously decided he will start his one man crusade on diving....
f****** ****** **** **** *********s a******h***** . Not much more to add other than that
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:40 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
f****** ****** **** **** *********s a******h***** . Not much more to add other than that
I thought it was a good day.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:41 pm
Born again atheist

Great referee at St. James Park today though. Exactly the right amount of added time.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 8:05 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Our ref was ok too, it was the linesman who was a blind ******.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 2:19 am
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

l am pissed off
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:52 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sw6blue
l am pissed off
Let RDM know then!

Hopefully you're pissed off for the right reasons, that your team lost due to the stupidity of 2 players getting sent off in one of the most important games of the season. I do think RDM should have taken Torres off before he got his 2nd yellow though.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:04 pm
100% chelsea

sw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud ofsw6blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jimmydean
l have to agree
Old Oct 29th 2012, 10:19 pm
100% chelsea

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Let RDM know then!

Hopefully you're pissed off for the right reasons, that your team lost due to the stupidity of 2 players getting sent off in one of the most important games of the season. I do think RDM should have taken Torres off before he got his 2nd yellow though.
gooner l have to say lvanovic had to go by the letter of the law, but l thought he tried to get out of the way but there you go.
but come on now the second yellow followed by the red for torres what, the man in black got that wrong big time he changed the game.
l think you will find RDM tried to take torres off but for some reason it did not happen.
lets try again wednesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.