Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

[QUOTE=Shinkansen;5758315]

We've had the guts ripped out of our side with the African Nations Cup though so who knows what'll happen.
/QUOTE]

You get what you pay for. When a team like Portsmouth buy African players whose national teams don't play at the same teams as UEFA countries, then you have to realize that a sizeable portion of your players will be called away. I find this attitude/position of EPL managers to be incredulous.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:01 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Big Sam is gone!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:07 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

God be praised, you're right!

I bet Mike Ashley's on the phone to Liverpool as we type.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:20 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

It has to be Shearer doesn't it?

I don't know if he would succeed. I'd love it if he did, but suspect it will all be too much.

However, until Shearer has his chance I can't see the club giving anyone the time they need to rebuild the team in their own image. c/f Arsenal and Manure.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
It has to be Shearer doesn't it?

I don't know if he would succeed. I'd love it if he did, but suspect it will all be too much.

However, until Shearer has his chance I can't see the club giving anyone the time they need to rebuild the team in their own image. c/f Arsenal and Manure.
I dunno. You might be right, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

On the other hand, most of us are old enough to remember Kevin Keegan in the job. Wouldn't something like that happening again be nice?

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jan 9th 2008 at 5:45 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

I guess they can cancel Capello's contract now
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:00 pm
Born again atheist

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action...3&AFF_ID=92733
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

Eh! Mike Ashley can keep his bloody hands off
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

he's not after the classless rafa beneathus is he?!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:06 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
Eh! Mike Ashley can keep his bloody hands off

i think Mike's phone call has already been made. The odds on Rafa went from 33-1 to 40-1 in the last five minutes.

Somebody somewhere knows something.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:10 pm
Born again atheist

Wow, there's a lot of action on this. Big Al (who's "abroad") is 7-4 from 6-4 and 'Arry Redknapp has shortened to 12-5.

Where's that Pompey fan?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

McLaren?

Jose?

Rafa doesnt want to leave LFC, and if (IF) he gets the boot he'd be back off to Spain I suspect anyway.
Shearer would be nuts to take it on... and you would have to be nuts to expect him to thrive in the job too. So Shearer it is?

Last edited by iaink; Jan 9th 2008 at 6:14 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:21 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by iaink
McLaren?

Jose?

Rafa doesnt want to leave LFC, and if (IF) he gets the boot he'd be back off to Spain I suspect anyway.
Shearer would be nuts to take it on... and you would have to be nuts to expect him to thrive in the job too. So Shearer it is?
McLaren? Divn't be daft Iain. Jose? 10-1 odds right now. I know Rafa doesn't want to leave the Pool, but I've no idea what he'd do if he's out (which seems likely). I'd have him.

Martin Jol's getting attention too. Don't fancy that.

Gerrard Houlier's at 10-1 too. Hmmmm.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter who you hire? Newcastle couldnt stick by a manager if success depended upon it (which it does) so ultimately it will all end in tears again anyway, probably within what? 18 months tops!

I thought it was an open secret that if he was available Rafa would end up at Real?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mc_dub
he's not after the classless rafa beneathus is he?!
Would you prefer David Moyes instead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.